𝟎𝟎𝟏. ⇝ WELCOME TO UNIVERSITY

Start from the beginning

"yeah her sister drove her to boston and then her dad met her on campus. gabs will be there too but only for the weekend because she's attending dartmouth." ainsley spoke as she leaned against her car.

"i'm glad you've got friends there, it's weird that you're not gonna be here in jersey until december." brent laughed as ainsley rolled her eyes.

"alright i've gotta get going so i can meet the moving truck at a decent time and i know jules is gonna take the bigger bed."

"i don't understand how you got jules as your dorm mate."

"her aunt oversees the dorm situations and made sure to put us in the same room." ainsley laughed, hugging her uncle, tearfully bidding him goodbye as she climbed into her car.

she was excited to see jules, slater, and caleb, her younger stepbrother that's been in boston since last year due to early acceptance. she hadn't seen him in about a month and she missed him, he was truly her best friend.

she was desperately in need of a talk with him, her ex-boyfriend, brett, was trying to reconnect with her and as much as he hurt her, she missed his friendship. she knew caleb would have some sound advice, being ainsley's voice reason through her self doubt and insecurity.

as she began her nearly five hour drive to boston, she felt a sinking melancholic feeling brewing in her chest, not ready to say goodbye to only place she's ever considered home. but as she pushed the state's limits, she felt herself slowly grow excited to start a new chapter in her life.

the pretty much five hour drive felt like it dragged on for hours. ainsley slowly thought she was going insane having no one to talk to but herself and whoever she was able to text while getting gas. she was tired, her body cramped, and she was bored.

"come on ains, you got one more hour." jules cheered, her voice coming through the speakers as ames kept her on speaker, desperately needing someone to keep her sane.

"i just wanna be there already ju, i need to get out of this fucking car." ainsley grumbled, pulling up to a small gas station, telling jules to wait as the girl ran in to grab redbull and snacks.

"oh ains! gabi found out where the big party of the year is gonna be, after we unpack all your shit, wanna go?" jules spoke, the sound of her lighter flicking as jules took a drag a smoke, intentionally exhaling toward the speaker of her phone, knowing ainsley hated the way it created a static buzzing sound.

"why am i surprised that slater managed to scope all the parties already?"

"i don't fucking know, you should know us by now." jules laughed, causing ainsley to laugh as she backed out of the gas station parking lot, a strong giddiness settling in the girls' chest as the end of her drive approached.

jules had hung up about forty minutes ago and ainsley was restless. she had finally entered boston and only had twenty minutes until she was at umass boston. as she drove through the unfamiliar city, her gps system guiding her, she was excited. she finally felt like she was free from her home life.

as she pulled up to the university, she struggled to figure out where she was supposed to go next. as she drove along the lots, she finally spotted jules and the moving van, pulling into an empty spot that jules pointed out. as soon as ainsley killed the engine, jules was yanking open the car door and pulling her best friend to her feet.