AJAX

NUMBER ONE !

ajax petropolus x addams!reader 

Second choice. You'd always been the second choice whether it was being chosen as a partner for a group activity or for dates, you'd been second.

It was always Wednesday this, Wednesday that. No one bothered to pay any attention to her twin.

Were you envious? Yes, very much so. You desired to be treated and loved the same way everyone treated Wednesday. Sure, she got herself into loads of trouble yet even with all that, she had the entire town admiring her.

Being the second choice was what had lead you to your current predicament: being Xavier's date for the Rave'N. Xavier didn't want to ask you - he had his eyes dead-set on Wednesday but when he found out she was just suing him, he was devastated which prompt him to ask you instead.

Obviously, you knew that he preferred your sister to you with the way his eyes were fixated on her throughout the night. Yet, one question still remained - did you want to go with Xavier? No, not at all.

You desired to go with Ajax Petropolus instead but before you could ask him, he already had chosen another girl over you. So, you ultimately agreed to go with Xavier and that was your biggest mistake.

The night was unrelentingly boring; you were begging for it to end - you couldn't stand the happy teenagers anymore - you were so miserable. Xavier was horrible company, how could Wednesday stand him? You thought. Even if Wednesday wasn't his, he could've atleast tried to give you a good time but no. The entire night was a painful reminder that you were always the second choice and that you would never get anything you ever wanted.

Once the night reached 11PM, the last song was playing and all the happy couples were dancing with one another. Your jaw clenched when your eyes landed on Ajax and his date. What could have been...

Suddenly, red liquid started to pour from the water sprinklers above: pigs' blood.

For the first time in this long, dreadful night, you smiled. The droplets fell all over the place, all around you, staining your gray-indigo outfit. You pulled your hand out and allowed the crimson liquid to decorate it.

You put two of your fingers in your mouth to taste the liquid and your face scrunches up once the first few droplets touch your taste buds. You chuckle, they couldn't even be bothered to get actual blood.

You were to lost in your own world that you had realised that your "date" had already left, left for the other, better Addams' twin. You sigh, this truly wasn't turning out to be a good night.

A few moments later, you're still stationed in your seats and watching the paint fall until a familiar looking man comes into your view - Ajax.

'I've been looking all over for you,' he states as he comes closer to you. 'Why's that?' you raised your eyebrow. Ajax extends his hand forward, 'I'll explain on the way. Just come with me, please?' You reluctantly took his hand as he lead you outside the hall.

The entire area outside the hall was filled with Nevermore students scrambling to their dorms and complaining about the night. 'So, what is it?' you asked, trying to keep with Ajax's fast pace but failing to do so due to your dress that was drenched in crimson paint. Your voice stopped Ajax in his tracks as he turned to face you.

'Well uh...' he trailed off, unsure of how to form his sentence, 'I know I'm probably very late to this but...' he paused for a moment, 'I wanted to go with you.'

His words are sincere; his dark eyes are avoidant of your gaze. 'Then, why didn't you ask me?' you inquired. You knew that this night would've been so different, so much better if you went with him.

He sighed. His hand travelled to his neck; he was nervous. 'I was scared, okay? I was so scared that you would reject me,' he spoke, '-that i didn't even bother asking.' He paused, 'and when I saw you with Xavier, I don't know why I felt so jealous - I'm really sorry.'

He continued to explain himself and continues to apologise to you in the process but he was stopped in the middle of his sentence due to you crashing your lips onto his.

He kissed you back almost immediately while his hands travelled down to your waist, attempting to hold you close to him. He'd been wanting to do this for the longest of time.

Once your lips leave his, he smiles as he stares lovingly into your e/c-coloured eyes.

'Apology accepted, Ajax.'