5

Even tho Baoshan Sanren announced about the clan she said that as an elder to the clan she had decided that this clan will not maintain any sort of relationship with other clans in terms of resources and connections.

Wei Ying at that time had been on his way to dafan mountain(idk the exact spelling sorry). He had to save innocents from the clans. As soon as he was near the houses of the innocent Wens a blur of red crashed into him "Da-ge! I knew you would be here but never knew this soon." After a momentary shock he laughed in happiness and relief knowing that now getting them away from here would be alot easier.

"Da-ge what I don't understand is why do I have this connection even now that I am not a corpse?" Wen Ning asked him.

"It's because when I brought you back I connected you with my soul so that u can have your conscience fully as it was impossible with half soul and that was why you were so fearless as a corpse. And you would obviously sense your soul near or in danger as my soul is connected to you, I think that is the reason you are back here too because I die you die, wherever I am you would follow sooner or later." He explained as they sat by a tree.

And why was Wen Ning calling Wei Ying Da-ge? Well that's because when he asked for Wen Qing's permission to connect himself with her brother and Wen Ning came back to his conscience, they decided to be sworn brothers and Wei Ying being the older one became Wen Ning's Da-ge.

After a while of catching up Wen Ning was over the moon knowing that his brother was at the door to become a God and he had left the Jiangs. They then went to Wen Qing and with the help of Wen Ning Wei Ying convinced Wen Qing to move away from there.

They decided to destroy the village making it seem like they got ambushed and are dead so that Wen Clan wouldn't get too suspicious of them. On the way they came across a newly built temple of Wei Ying and the face Wen Qing made was hilarious when she got to know the one who helped them is the same person whose temple they came across. She was flabbergasted. Anyways they soon reached near his grandmother's mountains and to the place where his clan was growing.

It was beautiful place full of resources. It was situated between two mountains both belonging to his grandmother. All while Wei ying had been away they had completed most of the construction for the sect building. If people from back then see his grandmother use his spirits and corpses for this they would freak out. His grandmother had her disciples work along side them to build everything and renovate an old building that was already there for they don't know how long. They did almost everything just some homes for common people were to be finished which the Wens helped in immediately. It was magnificent.

(The old building after renovation to be used as sect hall where sect leader meets people and arrange banquets at

(The old building after renovation to be used as sect hall where sect leader meets people and arrange banquets at.)

(Training grounds)

(Training grounds)

(Healers pavilion)

(Healers pavilion)

(Sect Leader's private spiritual spring this was specially done by his grandmother)

(Sect Leader's private residence)

And many more things were already done. Wei Ying never knew it would just take them 1 month to complete so much. To say he was proud of everybody was an understatement. The day every single thing was made was when they all decided to Celebrate. They all had lunch at dining area then moved to the strolling gardens to spend some quality time before official work starts from next day.

Wei Ying was standing at a distance talking to his grandmother. When granny Wen called for her to ask her opinion about something. As soon as Baoshan moved away from Wei Ying he was struck with heavenly calamity and his ascension became top level as it was in broad daylight infront of public eyes.(idk how this works but I read something like this here https://heaven-officials-blessing.fandom.com/wiki/Ascension if I am wrong please correct me I know nothing accurate about ancient things. Sorry if I offended anybody.)

Everybody was in panic except his grandmother who then explained everything to them as Wei Ying was unconscious for the time being.

When he woke up Everybody congratulated him.

Mean while in Yumeng Jiang everything was bad. Yanli, she previously loved her family the same as she loved Wei Ying. But now it was all bad. Ever since Wei Ying defected they were acting too vile. Even her blood brother whom she loved dearly somehow disgusted her now. She was making a dire decision. She decided to leave the clan officially too. She would not have taken this step had she not heard the discussion her family was doing about the good amount of money they recieved after selling the female servants to Wen Clan and about which clan heir should they marry off Yanli to so that they get the benefits out of it as their clan was failing rapidly after defection of Wei Ying. What hurt her more was how easily her blood brother suggested to marry her off to Wen Chao for more resources and powerful backup. She cried in agony reading the letters Wei Ying sent her at how a brother without any blood relation still cares so much about her well being and how a brother of blood was ready to sell her off to some slimy asshole for money. That night she wrote to Wei Ying about wanting immediate shelter and protection with him and described everything that she knew off. And the next day she found Wei Ying right at her door early morning with his head disciple or u can say sworn brother who stood guard at her doors while she and Wei ying decided the plan of action.