I couldn't see her like this. I warmed up her breakfast and brought it upstairs. She needed to eat.

"You need to eat love. I'm sorry." I took a spoonful of her scrambled eggs and held the spoon at her mouth, waiting patiently for her to open it.

I sighed seeing how hard this was, she couldn't even eat. I set the spoon down on the plate and left the room keeping the door opened.

Maybe if I left, she'd eat. I hoped she would. I just want her to be okay again.

——————

Margot
About an hour had passed and I hadn't moved.

I finally turned to my nightstand which had the plate of breakfast Mattheo brought me.

I grabbed the spoon he had scooped and took a bite out of the scrambled eggs. I didn't care that they were cold, I ate everything. I hadn't realized how starving I was.

I drank all of my orange juice and felt a little better knowing I had finally eaten.

He entered the room again and noticed my plate was empty. "Was it good?" He managed to form a weak smile.

He left the room with the plate I'm assuming to go wash it.

I wanted to smile, to say something, I just didn't have it in me. He's been so helpful and patient, but I can't push myself yet.

Mattheo
I went to wash her plate and glass downstairs in the kitchen.

This manor was quite small, more like a house, but it was really nice and well put together.

I could see myself living here if it was my own...

After I finished, I fixed us both a wooden platter of fresh fruit I picked and washed from the tree in the backyard.

I came back upstairs and saw her sleeping soundly. Finally. She had finally been able to sleep after not being able to for so long.

I had the feeling that it would've been easier for her to fall asleep in the day time rather than the night because it was scarier.

I hadn't seen her so peaceful in a long time. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps, I could stare at her for hours just like she would stare at that blank wall in front of her.

I guess it was comforting to her in a way, where she was alone, not having to look at anything other than pure blank and in her childhood home.

I pulled the chair out over her vanity and used it to sit down and keep watch on her. It sounded creepy, but it really wasn't to me.

I looked for a book on her bookshelf and instead found her diary. I didn't know whether I should be reading this or not. She's asleep and this is the quietest thing I could do right now.

I opened the diary and flipped to a random page.

Adrian and I held hands today at the park when we went into London! And dad got me a new book to read, well it wasn't new. It used to be his, but he gave it to me to read because he enjoyed it so much and thought I would do. I can't wait to read it.

I flipped to the next page.

Holy shit—that was the best book I've ever read. It's definitely going on the bookshelf, it's mine now. It'll be right next to this diary.

I closed the diary and went back to where I found it on the shelf, I took out the book that was right next to where it was, I assumed this was the book she'd read and loved so much.