I walked closer to the car, but as we did, a pile of corpses were just a few feet away from it. I go to grab the little boy, turning his head towards my chest in order to shelter him from the grave encounter in which we stumbled upon. As I looked over to realize, one person amongst the men on the floor was Dr. Terrence Bay.

He had stab wounds to every orifice on his body, almost unrecognizable if not for the clothing he wore. I shut my eyes and continued to bring the child closer to me, as a way to comfort myself. Even though I only had the pleasure to have met Dr. Terrence for a short time, it was still upsetting to see him murdered. As I looked around, I noticed a sword to which I believe Dr. Terrence had used it to defend himself, along with an opened sewage hole.

I wonder if they had all escaped, or did they get trapped in the sewers?

That was all I could think of. If they were to have escaped, they would surely try and take Evelyn far away from Cairo. But if they didn't, that only meant that I was the only survivor of the group. How did this come to be? I was not prepared for this kind of journey. But the more time I waste trying to put the pieces together, the more Imhotep is getting closer to destroying humanity. Setting the boy down on the floor, I went to see how much damage the car took. As I looked over in the ignition to see that the keys were still there. A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth, realizing that this is our chance to escape the city. I went to grab Dr. Bay's sword from the floor as it was the only option I had of protecting this boy. Grabbing the boy's hand, we walked back to the car, placing the sword in the back seat and opening the door for the boy to hop in.

"Come on, we gotta get out of the city." I stated.

As the little boy jumped in, I went to sit behind the steering wheel and used the key in the ignition to start the car.

As I turned the key, the struggle of the car turning on was echoing through the bizarre. Worried that this might alert more of Imhotep's followers, I kept turning the key to the on position, until the sudden roar of the engine purring grew and I was relieved to hear that this car was still working.

"Oh thank god."

Placing the gear in reverse, I managed to pry the car out of its crash site and accelerated forward to leave the area. Luckily for me I was able to remember how to drive a car, given that the last time I drove one it was with Isaac teaching me. There were a lot of things that were running through my mind as I was driving through the city, but I had to push those thoughts farther down as I was trying to conjure a plan for what to do next. While driving, I kept looking over the back seat, keeping an eye on the boy who was keeping an eye on the road, eager to see where we were going. Not paying attention to the road ahead, three figures appeared in my vision as I pressed on the brakes so fast to avoid hitting them, my head whipped back and my first intention was to ensure that the boy was uninjured. Relieved to see that the boy was unharmed, my name was called out.

When I came to, my vision cleared and the three figures before me were those of Rick, Jonathan and Ardeth. "Oh my god" I uttered as I was climbing out of the car to greet the three.

As I did, they too were stunned to realize that it was me as they greeted me with open arms.

"Are you ok?" asked Rick.

"I'm fine. I'm just glad to see you guys safe." I replied. Looking at the group to realize that Evelyn was absent. "Wait, where's Evelyn?"

The expression on Rick's face when I asked the question was of anger, "He took her..." He responded. I turn to Jonathan, with a worried look on his face, ensuring me that the creature took Evelyn as his prisoner.

"Is the car running well?" asked Rick to which I responded, "Yes, but I don't know how far it will take us?"

"I'll take a look at it." stated Jonathan as he went to go inspect the car and its damages.