{{After dark}} (Riptide, FishnChips)

The sky circled itself, dark greys and magical blues.
Cold air whipped the sky as non other than chip stood on the deck looking out over the water.
The moons light wasn't as overbearing as the sun, so chip usually went out at night to think.

The quiet calm was just nice.
Chip didn't have to feel bad, or control his actions,  or lie, or do anything.
He could just. Exist. And it felt nice.
A gentle smile stretched as he let his mind wonder.

He could think about whatever he pleased.
Whether that be his future,  when they'd return Ollie, how to help Jay.
Or Gillion.

Gillion was interesting.
Soft blue skin, a shining smile, a maze of a mind, amazing strength, enchanting eyes.
Justa...  Justa interesting dude.

Chip prayed to whatever gods there were that Gillion forgives him for lieing.
He.. was- is trying to get better.
The most chip has to go off of though is a friendly smile at a truth. A smile that could be faked.

Chip sighed.

"Chip!" He heard the excited, booming voice say, "what are you doing up so late?"

Chip looked back, he saw Gillion, armor removed obviously,  hair let go from the usual man-bun it was in, poofing up. Gills tail swayed softly behind him.

"Oh hey Gill! I- uh- I could say the same for you," he gave a small smile back towards Gill, "but uh- I'm just. yknow. Thinking.."

"Mm." Gill nodded carefully,  taking in chips words, "what are you thinking about? "

Chips eyes met gills, "i-" he felt bad. His first instinct was to lie.
"Well. You- honestly. "

Gills eyes widened, "really? "

"Yeah," chip looked away, "I just- I'm worried I'm not. I'm disappointing you- I'm lieing to you. Or. Something"

Gill looked at chip, then frowned.
Chips stomach fell, "Chip- I- you don't disappoint me.. and if you were lieing I have an odd feeling you'd know."

"Yeah but-" Chips eyes met his hands on the decks rails, "I dunno I just feel like I might be. "

Gillion sighed, putting one of his hands on chips shoulder, "Chip, even if you were lieing I trust you, and I can see you're trying. That's all that matters to me."

Chip blinked at Gillion for a second.  Comprehending what he'd just said.
"Wow." Chip looked to the side, then back towards the waves, then to Gillion,  "Thank you.. it- means alot to me."

Gillion smiled.

The two stood there watching the waves for a while longer, together.