C2, P12: Ghost

Listened to Bella Poarch and Penelope Scott whilst writing this :) Enjoy.

George creeped around the mansion, trying his best to stay silent, as if he wasn't here - but he knew the ghost was. OKAY, maybe it's not a ghost but he had sworn he'd seen the stature lurking in the shadows.

Moreover, his nights had been plagued with endless, disturbing screams and pictures like that of a horror film. It's absolutely astonishing how he's survived them, especially without Dream beside him recently.

At the thought of Dream, his heart hammered against the cages of his torso. He felt like crying. This was all Dream's fault. Why is he doing this alone? He wiped his tears, recollecting the fact that Dream didn't believe him or even bother to pick up his calls.

He doesn't love me anymore.

Buzzz, buzzz, bu- "Hello?" George choked out, not even checking who the caller was.

"GEORGE, what's up? I just had some free time so I figured I'd call you."

"I- I'm fine, I guess. How's it going with Quackity?"

"Oh, he... He still doesn't want to talk to me. Last time I tried he just ran off! He's still mad over the fact that we moved out without him knowing. I think Karl forgo-"

"Yeah, Sapnap. I know."

"So how's it going with Dream? Have you guys... done anything recently? Particularly in bed?"

"SAPNAP!"

"wHATTT? You knew I was going to ask!"

"Well, well I haven't really seen him much," he scratched his head nervously, "been busy at work, you know?"

"Yeah, I guess - principal things. He's been in his office quite a lot. We never get to do anything fun anymore." Sapnap's smirk disappeared. "Speaking of fun, do you want to go to the funfair this weekend? Me and Karl are planning to go and it'd be great it you joined us, and maybe Quackity as well."

The last words came out as a whisper, but George heard them. "Yeah that'd be cool. I can ask Quackity if you want."

"THANK YOU, it's gonna be so much fun!! I guess I'll see you there then!"

"You too, bye"

"Bye Georgie."                                        Call ended.

George sighed dramatically. He looked around the room subconsciously. Shivers catching him as soon as he looked down at the broom in his hand. 

Right, on with the mission.

His eyes traced every edge of the room, scrutinising the vicinity intensely. He wasn't afraid - at least he tried not to be. Sucking up what seemed to be his final breath, he ventured towards the hallway. He knew where he needed to go. He'd searched everywhere, absolutely everywhere, except the basement. Now, Dream had told him that there's no need to go there since it's just a bunch of junk... and he'd believed that. Why wouldn't he believe his lover? However, the gripping fear had taken over his loyalty - he had to check it out. Afterall, what's the worst that could happen?

George tiptoed towards the unknown, uncertainty draining the colour from his rosy cheeks.

Hannah heard him. His steps crept closer, floorboards creaking no matter how hard he'd tried to avoid it. She shifted towards the back of the room, bumping into the shelf not far behind her. Mmh!

George and Hannah's eyes widened simultaneously. His hands brought up his mop instinctively, as he drew in another breath. He HAD to do this.

Hannah kicked herself as she remembered what Dream said about getting caught.

"Ah!"

"Shhhh." His grip tightened as he reinforced his statement. "If you ever get caught, I WILL make your life a living hell - you know I can, and I will."

Tears threatened to spill. "Mmm."

"You want me to let you go?" Hannah made an attempt to nod, stimulating wholehearted chuckles from her captor. He had mercy on her.

She dropped to the floor freely but she wasn't free yet: Dream tugged her hair to bring her head backwards, making eye contact.

"And don't even think about escaping. Unless, you don't want to see the light of day."

She shivered at the memory before hearing the handle of the door shake. Her eyes darted towards it; she was still out in the open!

"H-hello? Is anyone there?"

Don't be silly, George. It's probably just a rat. Ew. But that wasn't convincing enough for him.

He tugged at the chains that bound it shut, ignoring the lock. "Hello?"

Hannah stayed quite although she wanted to scream her loudest. She could finally be free! Yet fear held any possible sound in her throat, every move she could make.

He'll go.