Light in the Dark

Rena's POV

A/N this chapter was written by my new best friend EmanAlMannaie

Chapter 9

It's been a month since my mom passed away and I can no longer deal with my father anymore. And until yesterday, work was my only escape from him. But now that's not enough. So for the first time in my life I had to sleep somewhere that's not in my room.

(The day before)

It was pitch black and I couldn't wait until I got to meet my pillow again. But as soon as I opened the front door, I heard the disgusting voice of the last person I want to look at before I sleep, accompanied with the shattering of glass.

"FUCK!" He grumbled in anger and rushed out of the kitchen to see me paralyzed in shock. "YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU SLUT!"

He started moving towards me. I knew I had to save my self from the harm he meant to inflict on me, but just when I tried to lift my feet I realized that the ghost of shock that was surrounding me had reached out for my leg and made its hands to the roots to the emotionless speeding that is me.

And that was when he slapped me.

At first I couldn't comprehend what was going on but then I felt it; I felt every piece of the loving dad that he once was evaporate to the red color that he gave my cheek.

My dad is gone... I am an orphan now..

"I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE BITCH!" I snapped of my thoughts and looked at him with a hint of anger in my face. "DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT. CLEAN THE MESS YOU MADE IN THE KITCHEN." He snapped at me and I restored my energy to walk away and actually go to the kitchen just to save my self from another possible argument(s).

The floor was a sea of shattered glass. It was impossible to clean the mess without injuring myself. But I would rather that then spend one minute more with him, so I started picking up the big pieces first to clear the way a little.

15 minutes have passed and I still wasn't done, and the intoxicating smell of beer and whiskey just made the task even harder, and I was too tired to finish it anyway. Right when I decided I gave up something not so- and still very- odd stood up.

There was few drops of dark red blood lying in silence, alone. I was very confused since I didn't feel my skin being cut, yet I double-checked it to make sure. But I was pretty much unharmed. It was when I came to a realization: if it wasn't my blood it had to be his.

I couldn't stop myself from getting concerned which only meant I still loved him- which I do- but I'm not so keen on the new him.

My eyes started tearing up and soon I've let my emotions escape from my heart with a stream of warm and slaty tears that flowed down my cheek.

The only thing that got me back to life was injuring my fingers.

I wiped away my tears while being careful not to get blood all over my face.

It was almost midnight when I was sure that there was no pieces of glass left in the floor. I finally could sleep! But I was too scared to do so.

I was too scared to sleep and then wake up with him hitting me again. I was scared that he would hurt himself again. Although what made me really scared to the extent that I couldn't sleep was that I was scared to loose another parent.

I spent the night thinking about every possible scenario that could follow what happened in that last encounter. Although it terrified me to think about any of them, spending that sleepless night being trapped alone in my room left me no other options.