Chapter Five

Kirito's Pov:

I just defeated another monster and made my way out of the dungeon. On the way I killed a rabbit and got a S-class cooking ingredient. I went home and Asuna cooked the meal for us and man was it delicious" Asuna let's head to the dungeon tomorrow" Asuna looked at me and smiled" sure Kirito-kun" she replied. I smiled and nodded to myself. We left the next morning, quickly making our way through monsters and exploring the dungeon all the way to the boss room. We took a peek inside, and what stood in front of us put the living fear in us" on second thought we could always come back another time", I quipped to hide the slight fear I felt. Asuna nodded and we ran from the boss room stopping only after we were far away from there" you bring food?", I asked her. A smile placed itself on her beautiful face" of course, how could I forget your favorite thing in the world", she said taking out a basket.

I nodded along happily" I like you better than the sandwiches" , I said" but only barely", I whispered under my breath. She punched my arm" what was that", she narrowed her eyes, daring me to repeat it" I said I love you", I stammered out. She smiled contently and returned her attention to the basket. I let out a sigh of relief" so what are we going to do about that boss?", I asked She handed me one of her sandwiches" we''ll need a lot of tanks that's for sure", she replied. I frowned' if it comes to a point where she could die I'll have to use it', I thought" it's not going to be easy", I said to her. I suddenly perked up, hearing the sound of approaching feet, when the people came to view, I realized it was just Klein" what are you doing here with a girl no less Kirito", Klein said, lightly punching my arm" uh, Asuna is my girlfriend", I said, scratching the back of my head. Klein put me in a headlock" and your only telling me now, what the hell man",he freed myself and stood in front of Asuna as the rest of his guild started to surround her" these guys are real nice trust me", I told her, though I barely believed any of what I just said.

Then more people showed up, they belonged to a guild called the Army" have you guys explored the dungeon yet", their leader asked" who's asking?", I asked in reply. The man scoffed" General Korbatz, now have you explored the dungeon or not?", he insisted. I nodded pulling the map out on my menu" I have why", I asked even though I knew the answer already" hand the map over", Korbatz demanded" hey wait a minute, do you how long it takes to map out a dungeon", Klein began, but I stopped him" it's fine Klein, I was already planning on giving the map over", I send the map to Korbatz, and they left shortly after" your to nice", Klein said.

We kept talking until we heard the sound of screaming" that Idiot", I cursed at the stupidity of Korbatz, rushing of followed by Asuna, Klein, and the rest of his guild. We came across some monsters but Klein and his guild held them off, allowing us to keep running. We arrived to what only could be described as a massacre, the Army was being decimated. Soon Klein arrived" teleport out of there", I yelled. Some of them screamed that they couldn't causing me to curse this situation even more. I kept seeing flashbacks to what happened to Sachi, but I snapped out of it when I heard Asuna scream and run into the fray" ASUNA", I yelled running after her. I saw sword about to impale her, so I sped up, drawing my sword, deflecting the attack" get back", I told her. I saw the monster try to attack more of the players, as Klein  and his guild tried to rescue them" no you don't", I yelled, slashing it's back. I caught its attention, and deflected and blocked for my life, I kept seeing flashes of Asuna, Klein, Agil, the friends I made, and the person I love most.

Thinking about them, about her, Ignited a fire in me" Asuna, Klein buy me ten seconds" I jumped away from an attack, crouching down and pulling up my menu" come on" I repeated to myself. I finally found what I was searching for and closed the menu" Klein, Asuna switch", I yelled. I ran past them, deflected an attack from the boss, then reached behind myself, gripping the sword that appeared at that exact moment, upper cutting the boss. I heard several gasps behind me, but I tuned them out and focused on the boss, crossing my swords to block the next attack" Starburst Stream", I said under my breath. Yellow light covered my swords, and went through the familiar motions of my most powerful skill, I first cut in a cross down, then up, right, left, up, down, I repeated that sequence over and over' faster, I need to go faster' , I thought, jumping in the air to release another furious combo. 

The boss managed to knock my swords out of my hands but I caught them and released another burst of attacks. Left, right, left, right, right,left, I went faster and faster through the sequence, attacking so fast my movements were a blur, and the dust picked up around me.I saw my HP hit the red zone, and I knew this last attack would decide the fight. I attacked with my right sword but the boss caught it. I let out roar, and charged in with my left sword, I hit the boss, and a few seconds later the boss exploded in polygons" I did it", I breathed out, my vision began to blur and I fell backwards, losing consciousness.

Sorry for not posting in a while, I have been working on other stories and hadn't had the chance to return to this story but I'll try to update on all of mys stories more often, but to do that the chapters won't be that long. I you could please check out some of my other stories, I got a Naruto one, and one story that I created myself, I you like this one you'll like those too. Tell me what you thought of this chapter and I'll see you in the next one.