Chapter 16: 2 Champions, 2 Prodigies, 1 Celebration

Roxanne Perez and Josh Stevens were on top of the world. Not only were they NXT's current power couple, as they had been in real life since before they debuted in early 2022, but at NXT Deadline, the last premium live event of the year for NXT, Josh managed to dethrone Bron Breakker to win the NXT Championship in his first ever title match, after only joining WWE the same time Roxanne did. As for The Prodigy, she had a dream few days. Not only did she become the first Women's Iron Survivor at NXT Deadline, but a few days later, Roxanne became the NXT Women's Champion after pinning Mandy Rose and ending not only the champion's reign, but also her WWE career. As she celebrated with one of her mentors, NXT commentator Booker T, Josh also came out and congratulated her, to which Roxanne was almost crying happy tears as she jumped into his arms, hugging him and not letting go.

Josh: You deserve this. You've fought for everything, you've overcome every obstacle and most of all, you've proven yourself to be not The Prodigy anymore... but The Champion.

Roxanne: Ahem... the championS. You certainly proved you deserve to be champ after your performance at Deadline.

Josh: Bron gave me a real hard time, that recliner submission is painful, still feeling some pain in my back after that.

Roxanne: Defo looked it. So... what's MY champ going to be doing to close the show tonight?

Josh: Just a confrontation with Grayson, as he won the Deadline match to get the first shot at me.

Roxanne: You be careful out there. Don't make me play doctor again... you know how kinky I can get!

She gently ran her finger down Josh's shirt, and gave his shaft a quick and gentle squeeze before biting her lip and kissing him before going off for a shower, her new NXT Women's Title draped over her shoulder as Josh headed to gorilla for his confrontation with Waller. He headed out to a standing ovation from the NXT Universe, and with his NXT Championship over his shoulder, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. As he got in the ring, he heard the chants of 'You Deserve It' from the crowd.

Josh: Thank you, thank you all. I mean... these last 7, 8 months have been mega. From my debut against Cameron Grimes, to the epic Last Man Standing match against Von Wagner... to that championship contender's triple threat against Carmelo and Joe Gacy - that was hard hitting... but nowhere near as hard has Bron. He will go down as probably the hardest son of a gun I have faced so far...

Just as he was about to finish, out came Grayson Waller, with a mic, and a smile on his face as the crowd rained boos on him.

Grayson: For once, Josh... I agree. Bron is definitely a hard hitting guy. But let me make something perfectly clear. I won the fatal 5 way at Deadline, which means I'm next in line to take that title. And better still... how about you invite that little bitch girlfriend of yours, Roxanne Perez, because I have a special someone in mind who would love a shot at her newly won title!

The special someone's music then played, revealing it to be Tiffany Stratton, who was making her return after a lengthy absence.

Tiffany: Roxanne... you may be the champion now... but mark my words - your reign will be short and sweet, as I want first shot at the belt, and I'll run through anyone and everyone to get it, with my new man by my side...

Tiffany and Grayson then hugged, and then went one step further and kissed on the entrance ramp, almost making Josh sick at the sight.

Josh: Yoo hoo!!! OI, LOVEBIRDS! Roxanne might not be out here right now, but I know for a fact she doesn't back down from a challenge. So how about this to actually EARN your shot? Next week, Tiffany, you face an opponent of Roxanne's choosing... AND one of MY choosing - if you win, then fine, you get your shot!