The return

Italics- speaking inside the mind

""- regular conversation

________________________________________________________________________________

Eragon let his eyes close as he leaned against Saphira's foreleg, the sunrise reflecting off of her scales. For days they had been flying over Alagaesia, the landscape blurring into one big expanse in his mind. Now, they were a day from Du Weldenvarden, stopped to allow Saphira to gather some strength before they reached the home of the elves. 

Reaching down to grab the apple he pulled from the saddlbags, he bit into it with a crunch, the sound making Saphira stir from her slumber. 

It has been some time since we stepped foot near the elves. Saphira said, her voice a silent comfort to Eragon.

Eragon hummed, stretching his body. Too long in my opinion

Saphira shifted behind him, moving to get up. Pushing himself to his feet eragon looked up, his eyes searching the sky. I wonder where the other riders are. I don't see any.

Neither do I, little one. Saphira replied. I do not know why but I do not sense any of the dragons either. She keened softly, a noise Eragon barely heard over his racing thoughts. Putting a hand on her neck to soothe her come he began let us head to Ellesmera. The elves should know where the riders are.

Quickly jumping up to her saddle, Eragon began to strap himself in. With the push of Saphira's mighty legs they were off. Her wings forced the air around them to carry her. For nearly a minute they rose higher and higher, until Saphira angled her body in the right direction and they set off to Du Weldenvarden.

Eragon kept his worries to himself. It was unusual that they had not felt another rider or dragons presence for miles. Even other humans were scarcely walking around on the ground, and those that were seemed troubled greatly.

He did not have a good feeling about this.