Prologue

Katolis, Katolis City, Palace
It's been three years since the defeat of Aaravos. By now Soren was twenty two. Callum was eighteen, Rayla was nineteen and Ezran was fifteen. Katolis and Duren have signed a treaty of cooperation and friendship with Xadia. The alliance of Xadia, Katolis and Duren was called the Xadian Union. Ezran hopes humanity can live peacefully with Xadia. There were still disputes between humans and elves and Ezran hoped to solve some of them. Sometimes Ezran finds himself wishing himself to be an elf, he found elves to be closer to nature and felt more relatable to them than his fellow humans. It wasn't so much that he hated humanity, he just viewed the elves and dragons as far wiser, their ways were the right ways to be followed. He only wished his fellow humans saw the shining light of the elves and dragons as he did.

Soldiers brought into the throne room, a Moonshadow assassin and a human woman who was a farmer.

"He killed my husband!" The farmer wailed.

"She was farming sunbirds! Sunbirds are sacred magical creatures!" The Moonshadow assassin clenched his fist in anger.

"You were farming magical creatures?! That's sickening! How could you have no respect for the lives of magical creatures!" Ezran glared at the farmer.

"My bindings won't come off unless I kill her too." The Moonshadow assassin pointed to his bindings.

"Were you selling the sunbirds to Pentarchy dark mages?!" Ezran angrily glared at the farmer.

"No, sunbirds are a Katolian staple." The farmer said.

"You're selling them to people as food?! This is wrong!" Ezran raised his voice in anger.

"Do what you have to do." Ezran turned to the Moonshadow assassin.

The Moonshadow assassin shanked the farmer with his sword and his bindings came off.

"From this day onwards, the farming of all magical creatures is illegal whether it be for dark magic or food. The lives of magical creatures are to be respected!" Ezran declared.

Katolis, Katolis City, Market Square
On the streets of Katolis City, Callum and Rayla stood by as they watched Opeli burning a pile of books, dark magic spell books and other books which portrayed dark magic positively. Callum had never liked dark magic, there was always a price to pay and cruel dark mages like Viren showed utter disregard for the lives of magical creatures. He'd seen this callous behaviour in both Claudia and Viren. Their cruel attitude towards magical creatures. Dark magic. No wonder magical creatures feared dark magic. Humans would use the flimsiest of reason to kill for dark magic. He was connected to the sky arcanum, does this mean dark mages would want to dissect him and cut him up for dark magic? Would he always have to watch himself just in case some dark mage decides to kidnap him?

It made him feel paranoid. It was as if dark mages considered him property rather than a person. Now he'd understood why Xadia hated dark magic. There can be no compromise with dark magic. Dark mages were predators and he was the prey. They were poachers and killers. How could he keep living like this? Their mere existence tortured him. They were already torturing him just by existing.

After the books were burnt, Katolian dark mages were tied on stake. Callum did the honour of torching them in front of a cheering crowd. He smiled as he watched the dark mages burn.

"Dark magic spoils nature! It kills! We must get rid of it for true peace between humanity and Xadia! I will never let dark magic hurt anyone again! Anyone who becomes a dark mage will share the same fate as those we brought to justice today!" Callum announced.