Part 15 - Monica wants to be a lady

"You can't stay in there and ignore me! I know you're cheating on me, Collin!" she screamed, continuing to pound on the door.

"That girl can go," I said.

Collin sat beside me on the couch after hanging up. "The police are on their way."

"So what's her deal?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, I usually don't reveal my parentage to many people."

"Okay?"

"I don't like when people treat me differently just because there is a peerage attached to me."

"Understandable," I said.

"Monica found out."

"How?" I asked.

"She had a background check done on me a few weeks ago."

"That's interesting. Why did she decide to do that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I mean maybe because I refused to discuss my parents much? She never met them, but I wasn't ready for that just yet. They're intense."

"So is she," I told him.

"That is true."

"You guys were together for years and she never met them?"

He nodded his head. "Honestly, I was hoping it just wouldn't get to that point. I guess she started to get suspicious about why she never met them and why I was reluctant so she did a background check."

"Oh."

"Yes. Unfortunately for her, I also found out about her infidelity so that relationship was doomed. She is refusing to accept that I dumped her because she wants to be a Lady."

"Yikes."

"It's a big time yikes. I just don't know what to do about it now."

"I have a crazy suggestion."

"You do?" Collin asked.

"Yeah. It's too crazy." I shook my head.

"Tell me?" he asked again.

"Well, I have a lot of room at my place," I said.

"You do," he said.

"And I have a lot of security."

"You do."

"What if you would stay at my place? I mean, we don't have to share a room or anything if you don't want to. I know it's like putting us into the fast lane and everything, but there is no way she would be able to harass you."

"That's actually not a bad idea. I could see about breaking my lease or subletting this place."

I nodded my head. "Yeah. And I like fish and stuff. Your tanks would probably fit nicely in my game room."

"They could enhance the atmosphere."

I laughed a little too loud.

"I heard your bitch in there, Collin! Open the door! I swear you can't just avoid me!"

I heard the whoop whoop sound of a police car out front. Collin peeked out his curtain and saw two police officers climb out of the car. He sighed with relief as they walked toward the apartment.

"You called the police? Are you serious right now? You can't do this to me!"  Monica screeched through the door.

"Ma'am, can you come speak with me please?" one of the officers asked as the other knocked on the door.

"No! My fiance is in there with another woman."

"Could you come over here and tell me what's going on? I just want to understand everything that's happening."

"Fine. Fine. Yes, I'll tell you exactly what's going on."

Collin opened the door and let in the female officer.

"Mr. O'Grady?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, can you tell me what happened today?" she asked again.

He went through the whole spile of everything since the breakup. The officer took notes while nodding.

"You clearly told her that you no longer wished to be in a relationship?"

"Yes. Multiple times. I've made it quite clear."

"Okay. Well, we have previous reports, and we're going to ask management for any security footage of the incidents that you've mentioned. I recommend going to the courthouse first thing in the morning and applying for a restraining order."

"Okay. I'll go to my lawyer in the morning so he can get the paperwork started."

"Oh, that's not necessary. You can do it yourself," the officer said.

"I know. He just has very detailed dates and times of incidents."

She nodded. "Okay. Then yeah, that could help. I am sorry that you're going through this."

"Thank you."

"If she returns tonight, please call in again and give them this report number," she scribbled on her notebook and handed Collin a piece of paper. "it's for today's incident."

"Great. Thanks."

She left and rejoined her partner with Monica. I watched out from the peephole in the front door as they spoke with Monica a bit more. I could see her face getting redder and then she just turned and stomped away.

"It's probably best if we leave tonight," Collin said, picking up Oor. "I don't want to deal with this anymore."

"I think that's a great idea. Pack up a suitcase and we can find movers tomorrow to get your place packed up."

He sighed heavily. "This is not how I pictured life going."

"I don't think either of us did really. I mean, who can expect these things? It's ridiculous."

"We're just made for each other," Collin laughed dryly. 

He stood and went to his bedroom. I followed and sat on his bed as he pulled out a suitcase and put a bunch of his things in it. 

"I actually know a good mover who will pack up my entire place for a reasonablish price and my fish guy can actually pack up and move the fish for me. I'm just going to pack up as much of my clothes and stuff now so that I have options."

He pulled out a garment bag and put a few of his suits for work in them.

"What if people find out?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "They would have to be super nosey to find out."

"Like Sasha."

"Like Sasha," I agreed.

I grabbed his garment back and Freyja as he got his suitcase and Oor. We left the apartment, hurrying to the car before Monica could notice. 

Despite everything we were going through, I felt a sort of comfort with Collin. He wasn't pushy and condescending. He listened to me when I talked and actually wanted my opinion on things. 

What if it's just a fling though? What if he's just looking for a rebound to get over Monica?

I knew that we were moving fast and I knew that it was possible for our relationship to crash and burn. I didn't want it to, but the circumstances that brought us together were not ideal.