Part 14 - Bliss

***In this chapter I reference a Scottish Noble. The location and the Dukedom are correct, the family is not. The family depicted is my own creation and they are fictionalized. I know it's not the correct family to this Dukedom***

I woke before my alarm went off to Collin snoring softly beside me while Freyja and Oor were curled up between us. I rolled onto my side, alternating between scratching Freyja's head and Oor's while watching Collin sleep. He looked so peaceful.

"What are you doing?" he asked opening one eye.

"Just enjoying the moment," I said with a smile.

"Uh huh."

"Sorry."

He smiled at me and reached out to caress my cheek. "Don't be. I haven't had this kind of attention in such a long time."

"I don't know how she couldn't just want to stare at you all the time. You're honestly the perfect man."

His cheeks turned as red as his hair. "I'm hardly perfect. I do have my flaws."

"We all do. But the flaws are part of the perfection." 

He pulled my body close and kissed me deeply. The puppies whined at the sudden disruption of their sleep. They both sat up and stretched while yawning before bouncing around the bed.

"I guess it's time to get up," I laughed.

"I am not used to  being up so early on a Saturday."

"Me either, but the babies need to go out."

"I have to go home today," he said.

"Oh. Must you?"

"Yeah. I have to take care of things there."

I pouted while sitting up.

"Do you want to come with me?" he asked.

"Of course!"

"Great. We'll make a day of it."

                            *******

We pulled up outside of an apartment building about thirty minutes away from my house. It wasn't very tall and looked that there were maybe six apartments per building. All of the buildings looked identical except for the numbers out front and the various patio furniture in front of each unit.

"This is cute," I said, looking around.

Collin laughed loudly. "I absolutely hate it. I'm just stuck in a lease here for three more months."

"Really? You hate it? I think it looks nice. Very peaceful."

"Looks can be deceiving," he said.

"Oh?"

"Monica lives over there." He pointed to a unit about three buildings away.

"Your ex lives in the same complex?" I asked, arching my eyebrow.

"Yeah. She moved in last week."

"Why would she do that?" I questioned.

"You're not the only one with a crazy ex."

"I guess we both are cursed that way."

He nodded his head and parked in a spot in front of unit 1110. The patio was fairly bare with a half fence around it. He grabbed Oor and climbed out of the car. I grabbed Freyja and followed. He walked to the side of the apartment building where the main doors and stairs were, opening the unit that had no patio furniture.