Part 5 - Phil

"So how was it?" Sasha asked the next morning when I got in.

"He's married, Sasha."

"No. Shut up!"

"Swear. His wife showed up at the bar."

"No!"

"With their kids."

"Holy shit, Ella."

"Yeah. I don't want to do this anymore. I'm just over dating."

"You've gone on literally one date. One. Come on. Dating isn't easy."

"No, but how many sleazy men are out there trying to date women while their wives are at home with their whole gaggle of kids."

"Eesh. A gaggle?"

"Yes. Sasha. There were like four of them at least. All small. I think one or two of them might have been in diapers."

"Sleazy people have always been around. That's nothing new. Granted, Tinder probably makes it easier but don't stop because one twatapotamous can't keep it in his pants."

"I don't know."

"Just one more. If this one is a disaster than delete it and buy your crazy cat lady starter pack."

I sighed and plopped into my chair. "Maybe I'm just moving too fast."

"Stop doubting yourself, Ella."

I shrugged my shoulders and spun my chair around to stare outside. "I guess one more date wouldn't hurt."

"That's the spirit! Any matches?"

"A few. Nothing super impressive though."

"Let's take a peek and go from there."

I held my phone out behind me for her to take. She grabbed it and I could hear her tapping away on the screen.

"How do you feel about someone named Alfred?"

"Meh. Sounds like something you name a baby who's turning 90."

Sasha laughed and swiped to the left. "Um, how about Andrew?"

"Hmmm, Andy. I could get behind an Andy. Sure why not."

"Yay!" She swiped to the right. "Oh, hot damn."

"What?"

"Philip here. Let's see. Says he's 5'9. Average. Um, he likes classical music. Boring. He's in sales. Loser. But he's hot."

"Eh, let's give him a shot. I mean, sales isn't bad. I like classical."

"Fine. Boring guy. Yes." 

Ping.

"What's that?"

"Boring guy is a match." She rolled her eyes.

"Hmm. Maybe his friends think I'm boring."

"Doubt it. You're far from boring." 

She started tapping away on the phone and handed it back. "One of these days I'm going to have to actually send the first message myself."

"Nah. You're boring." She laughed again.

Sasha sat the phone down and skipped out of the office. I shook my head and got to work. There wasn't much to do during the day, but enough to keep my mind occupied. 

Ping

I glanced down and saw the little Tinder flame. Chewing my lip, I tried to ignore it. 

Work. We need to focus on work.