Chapter 12: No one messes with Kiri

Start from the beginning

Neteyam and her seemed to naturally gravitate towards one another sometimes. She found him walking by the shore.

-Where are you going?-she asked him. 

-I was looking for you.

-Great. Do you want to go fly?

Neteyam smiled and followed his sister gladly.

-So Lo'ak has a little crush...-Neteyam commented mockingly as they walked by the shore.

-I thought you would never notice!-She retorted.-Did you see the way he was looking at her?-Neteyam laughed loudly, but his smile was erased from his face the moment she looked past her. Liläk looked at him confused as she turned around.

Aonung, Rotxo and some others were teasing Lo'ak as Kiri screamed at them to stop. Oh these skxwangs crossed a line now...she thought angrily. Neither of the twins said a thing, they just walked angrily towards the group of bullies.

Neteyam pushed Aonung away from Lo'ak strongly, it was hard to know which of the two twins was angrier.

-You heard what she said...leave them alone.-He muttered furiously.

-Ah big brother coming...-A boy said beside Aonung, mockingly, but his voice lowered immediately the moment he saw Liläk's face. She hissed at him and he walked back not wanting to mess with her. The rumor that she had shot a man through the neck had spread through the Metkayina youth quickly.

-Back off. Now. -Neteyam growled. Aonung glared at the twins, he was having fun with Lo'ak but he was not stupid enough to start a fight with Neteyam, let alone Liläk. He raised his arms reluctantly and backed off.

-Smart choice.-Neteyam commented as he looked at Liläk.-And from now on,-he added looking at Aonung .- I need you to respect my sister.-He told all of them.

The boy beside Aonung hissed at them, Liläk snorted at him.

-Don't test me.-She warned him. Aonung put his arm out as a gesture to tell him to quit playing. Kiri stuck out her tongue at them mockingly.

-Let's go.-Neteyam commanded Kiri and Lo'ak. Liläk looked at the boys for a while before leaving, as if to make sure none of them would be stupid enough to follow them. Some of them looked like they were about to hiss at her, but none of them actually did. They didn't know if the rumor was true, but they had heard stories about Neteyam and Liläk being incredible hunters...and they were Toruk Makto's eldest son and daughter.

When Liläk was far enough, the boy beside Aonung started teasing them again.

-Bye-bye!-He said mockingly.

-All freaks...the whole family.-Aonung commented. Liläk clenched her jaw.

-Don't...-Neteyam told her shortly, not wanting to get in trouble. Lo'ak had stopped walking and turned around.

-Lo'ak.-Neteyam warned.

-I got this bro...-Lo'ak told him. He approached Aonung as the others sneered. Liläk looked interested...she wasn't going to make the first move, but if any Metkayina put a single hand on Lo'ak, she wouldn't hesitate...no one messed with her siblings.

-I know this hand is funny.-Lo'ak told Aonung as he showed him his hand.-Look, I'm a freak.-He said as he showed him his pinky, the one finger the na'vi didn't have.-Alien...But it can do something really cool...watch.

Liläk smiled as she saw what Lo'ak would do.

-First I ball it up really tight like this.-He showed him.-Okay? Then...

Lo'ak punched Aonung in the face abruptly. He did it three times until Aonung was on the ground.

-That's called a punch, bitch!-Lo'ak exclaimed.-Don't ever touch my sister again.

Aonung ran and tackled him. That was it. She ran and got him off Lo'ak agilely. As she pinned him to the ground he hit his head. Once she had him, she punched and hissed at him. She noticed that the others started pulling Lo'ak's tail. She saw as one metkayina boy approached her, ready to attack her. She unsheathed her knife quickly as she crouched on top of Aonung, who had almost fainted by having been punched four times already and hitting his head on the ground.

-Don't you dare.-She growled at him.-Leave.- The boy turned around and left.

-Okay, I'm out.-He said as he retired the fight.

At the commotion, Neteyam doubted but then went ahead to help Lo'ak whose fight with the other boys was simply pathetic.

She put the knife away and tackled the guy who was pulling Lo'ak's tail. As they got the ground, the boy stood up quickly and hit her with his tail.

-Did you just hit me with your tail, what the hell!?-She exclaimed as she pulled on it making him fall to the ground again. As he fell by her side, she punched him and went away to tackle someone else.

Kiri laughed at the absurdity of the whole thing, but happy that no matter who bothered her, her siblings were there to fight for her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I hope everyone is doing great and that you enjoyed the chapter! I love the fight it's so hilarious. I mean the way Aonung was completely invested in Lo'ak's supposed hand trick...

If anyone is interested in it I will link a playlist I have been creating that has helped me with inspiration for writing Liläk :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL42wGUQGGgdOHWO2MOcY1JoxGl7qa8res

Lots of love,

-Ambee