Chapter 10: If roles were reversed...

When she managed to fall back asleep she didn't dream...luckily. She woke up and tried to push the drowsiness away. Be nice Liläk, she reminded herself, be nice. How hard could learning how to swim properly be?

Tsireya and Aonung went to look for them in the hut. Rotxo, Aonung's friend, was also with them. Tsireya was happy to be there, the other two...let's just say Liläk wanted to hiss at them every time they looked at them, still laughing sometimes when they saw their tails, still she took a breath and tried to arm herself with patience.

Tsireya, Aonung and Rotxo threw themselves to the water gracefully. The Sullys...they just jumped. Liläk was the last one to get in. Taking advantage of the fact there was no one around, she got in slowly, sitting down on the net before getting in. She swam in the surface at first and then she took a breath and went under.

She had to contain herself not to gasp. It was beautiful. There were shoals of fishes all around and animals that Liläk had never seen before in her life swam all around them, making figures as they moved around, almost as if they were dancing.

Liläk caught up with Lo'ak, Neteyam and Tuk. She noticed the Metkayina teens where swimming much deeper than they were, moving around smoothly under the sea. Tsireya looked at them and smiled, happy of seeing their faces lit up as they looked around.

The Sullys tried to keep up, but they were fast, even if Tsireya often paused and looked at them, waiting.

As soon as Liläk loved it, she started to hate it: her breath began to run out. She looked up and swam to the surface quickly. The distance between her and breathing shortening way too slowly for her liking. When she finally got her head out the water she gasped for air loudly. Tuk was already up there. Their brothers followed close behind.

-You okay Tuk?-She asked her sister once she had gotten her breath back.

-Yeah.-She said, breathy.

Lo'ak and Neteyam looked to Tsireya who was still submerged. After a while they took a breath and swam down again.

-We're doing this again?-Liläk asked. Not wanting to feel like she was drowning again. Soon she was the only one up on the surface.

-Oh great mother give me strength.-She said while she took a deep breath and she submerged once more.

She caught up with her siblings and this time she lasted even less. How did they expect them to keep up with them? It was as if they got to the forest and she made them follow them above the trees. She smiled slightly at the thought, their tails wouldn't be so useful then...

Liläk swam up the surface again. Hating the feeling of being out of breath. Tsireya, Aonung and Rotxo came up again. Liläk looked impressed at them when they didn't even gasp a little once their heads where out the water.

-Are you alright?-Tsireya asked softly.

-You're too fast, wait for us!-Tuk whined. At least she wasn't the only one who thought so.

-Just breath...breath...-Tsireya said, calmly.

How could she talk about breathing when they had been underwater for like five whole minutes?! She admired her, she had to admit it.

-You are not good divers.-Aonung commented.-You may be good at swinging through trees...but.-Liläk had decided she would stay quiet whenever she was around them...if her mom wanted her to be nice to the metkayina that would be the only way.

Rotxo laughed and Tsireya hit the back of his head. Yep, Liläk liked Tsireya.

-Come on bro...-Lo'ak told him.