Chapter 12: No one messes with Kiri

Start from the beginning

-Lo'ak, your heartbeat is fast.-Tsireya commented. At this, Liläk and Neteyam looked at each other instantly. Finally he notices, Liläk thought.

-Sorry...-Lo'ak said softly.

-Try to focus.-Tsireya said calmly.

-Okay.-Lo'ak said as he looked in front of him.

Neteyam and Liläk contrived their faces and chuckled slightly, trying to contain the laughs that wanted to erupt from them. Kiri rolled her eyes at the immaturity of her older siblings.

After the days passed, Liläk's ability with the ilu improved immensely. Even Aonung had to admit that she had learned very fast...though this she overheard in a conversation the young metkayina had with his friends.

She was now able to keep up easily with Lo'ak, Neteyam and Tsireya. It was no wonder to Neteyam she would be able to, she was exceptional when it came to ikrans, this would be no different.

They spun and swam around one another, making intrinsic movements as they slid through the diverse underwater world. When they got out they all looked at each other happily, they had held their breaths for quite a while.

-That was insane!-Liläk beamed. Neteyam smiled, glad that Liläk was enjoying now. Neteyam and Liläk could be happy if the other wasn't, but it was much easier when the other was.

-You are learning to breathe!-Tsireya said gladly.

Whenever Liläk thought she knew everything she could learn from the sea, Tsireya showed them something else.

It was dark at night when she took them to the bottom of the sea once more. The bioluminescence of the sea plants was eerie. It was not as bright as the forest, but still, Liläk was glad to see it. And now, every time she saw anything that slightly reminded her of the forest, she thought about what Tsireya told her "try to see how the sea holds a piece of your home".

Tsireya carefully grabbed a beautiful creature that was bright orange and glowed. It was graceful.

"They allow you to breath underwater". Tsireya explained through signing. She attached it to Tuk's back as she attached herself to it. Kiri got one too and Tsireya then brought one so that Liläk could breath.

It was her best experience under water, by far. She had no trouble holding her breath for long periods of time now, but this allowed her to truly look at her surroundings, not seeing them as something to calm herself, but being able to truly appreciate it.

They were beside what Liläk deemed as an underwater tree. Ronal was with them as she harvested some stone like fruit from it. Tuk wondered around gleefully and Liläk swam slowly, with no stress or fear or even a hint of concentration, she just swam, relaxing with the sights.

She noticed Kiri was standing on the bottom. She swayed her hand as she seemingly commanded a shoal of glowing fishes.

Liläk raised her eyebrows, impressed. Kiri glowed looking as if she was one with everything around her. Her sister was so impressive.

Beside her, Ronal peeked from behind the sea tree, she seemed shocked. Liläk smiled as she looked at the tsahìk. She had warmed up to them after all. Ronal noticed Liläk looking at her. She looked at the girl and then swam away, after Liläk looked at her with a knowing look...she was impressed at Kiri who she had qualified as "not a true na'vi" when they first arrived. Ronal had to admit she felt a bit of respect for Liläk and a lot of admiration for Kiri.

They had much more free periods now that they had improved so much. Liläk was happy to enjoy those moments to go fly on Pìwopx, but after some days she realized she had spent little time with her siblings compared to how much she used to back home.