"We played with them. You know, they could be useful for our plan.", Chishiya suggested.

You raised your eyebrows, "What are we talking about?"

Chishiya smiled lightly, shaking his head and looking behind you. You turned and saw people searching for their groups but you also noticed Usagi and the other guy.

"Y/N, do we have the same number?", Kuina quickly asked.

You checked with them but nobody shared the same number. "Well.. then good luck.."

Kuina nodded, "Good luck." Chishiya nodded and all of you made their way out to the cars.

As you approached the car, you saw Niragi sitting inside. Your heart started beating faster, you didn't want to admit it but you felt excited seeing him.

You got into the car, his head turned to you and a grin appeared on his lips. "Hello." You bit your bottom lip, "Hello Niragi."

-

"A power plant..?", you mumbled to yourself confused as you arrived.

Everyone got out and so did you. You still were confused and nervous as you followed them to the entrance.

Niragi walked infront of you, "I'll protect you, don't worry." He looked to you and winked.

You looked fast away and hurried to the table with the phones. You could hear him chuckle behind you.

You stayed next to Niragi as everyone waited for the explanation of the game.

[ Game ]

"Rules:

- In this game, players will be hunting down “it”.

- It is GAME CLEAR if one of the players finds "it".

- It is GAME OVER if the time limit is reached before “it” is found."

"It? That could be anything! An object.. a person..", you gulped.

Some players glanced in your direction.

"Since the rules don't say no weapons, I'll just shoot around and then I'm sure the it will get revealed."

You frowned, "Niragi. You can't be serious!"

He tilted his head to left, looking down on you. "Why not? It doesn't matter if it gets shot or not."

"You are crazy!", you snapped.

"And still..", he leaned down to you, breathing warm in your face.

"The game will start now. You have one hour."

You both looked up, players started to pair up and some already ran inside.

"Let's go!", Niragi yelled out and walked inside with a grin, holding his gun up.

You stared after him, it took you a moment to realize that he was really going to that and he wouldn't care if other players would get hurt.

"Wait!!", you shouted and ran to him. You grabbed his arm, making him stop.

"We should re-think the plan. How about we talk with the other players and-", before you could continue, he interupted you.

"We're on our own, the others don't care about you or me. All they care about is themself. Do you really think even one of them cares if one of us dies tonight? Hell no. Nobody will give a shit.", Niragi was only an inch away.

His eyes seemed to darken and he spoke the words with full of hate. "You can trust no one. After you stop being useful, you'll just get betrayed."

Tears swelled up in your eyes. "You're an asshole..", you whispered.

At first his eyebrows only raised in confusion but then his eyes slightly widen and he took a step back.

You shook fast your head, "Go shoot at whatever you want. You're right, nobody will care."

You whirled around, heading fast down the hallway. You just wanted to get away from him as fast as possible.

Kuina was right. Why does he need to be an asshole?! Once I let someone fuck me and then this.

You took deep breaths. You eyed the stairs to your left and made your way up. But what you didn't notice was somebody watching you, somebody who wasn't Niragi.

- - - - -

I'm currently rewatching Alice In Borderland and I don't think I'll handle it to wait until they even confirm a third season 🥲