Fish Inside a Birdcage

!Canon to Parrot's Nest!

   It was the Day of Unity, and the eclipse had started moments ago. The Draining Spell had been activated, evident from Hunter and Alador's right arms going limp and gold-coloured veins traveling up their arms. Ash sat against the back of the airship, knees up to their chest, arms hugging their knees as Amiri perched on their head. 'Ash scared?' Amiri chirped quizzically. "I am... a little bit." They responded, quiet. 'Amiri protect. No Ash scared.

   Ash smiled and reached up to grab the parrot palisman, moving him to their lap after crossing their legs. "I can't help it, but... I appreciate the protection, Amiri. And I'm going to protect you too." Amiri tweeted and presented her wings before turning towards Alador, who was steering the ship. He looked in pain, but they didn't know what to do; they didn't know how to fly a ship like this. From what they could tell, Alador and Hunter were taking turns flying, though they both looked in pain.They were pulled out of their thoughts when a handful of other ships showed up, a scout from one of them shouting," Your ship was reported stolen! Land immediately!" 

   Ash didn't hear what Alador muttered to himself but he did something and the ship started moving faster and Gus casted an illusion on the ship to make it look like it became a murder of crows (that's what a group of crows is called, don't get mad at me). They almost made it out but their ship was attacked and the fabric keeping the air in to keep them flying was cut and they plummeted to the ground. Alador shouted," Hold on!" And a moment later, they were on the ground, most of them knocked out; Ash being one of them. 

   When they came to, they were on Hunter's back, Willow limping beside him with Gus on her back. They blacked out again after that. The next time they came to, Gus was on the ground with King, trying to wake him up. Willow was in front of their face, waking them up as well as Hunter tried waking Darius. "Willow..?" Their voice cracked a little but it went ignored by the other. "Ash! You're awake!" The plant witch helped Ash stand before letting the dazed witch look around. Around them was a disaster, to say the least. "C'mon, we need to get to the head! Luz could be in trouble!" Amity's words pulled them back to what was happening. They all summoned their palismen in staff form and took off towards the head, where they were sure Luz was. 

   When they got there, Luz and a giant green muddy-looking monster were on the bridge. It looked like they were fighting. "Luz!" Amity called out and used her abomination magic to shield Luz from an incoming attack. The human turned her head and smiled," Guys!" The group ran up to her, but they didn't have time to catch up, for the monster was attacking again. Ash gripped Amiri's staff and spun a large circle with it, blasting the monster with a fire spell. That definitely only made it more mad. It attacked again, this time, Willow used her plant magic to restrain the monster with vines. Ash got on their staff and flew up a bit, drawing a spell circle in the air and summoning their guitar. They only recently started the Bard track at school, but were fairly confident in their skills. 

   They started playing a song, infusing magic into the notes, using a form of sleeping spell, but instead of sleep, it paralyzes. Or at least it's supposed to. All it did was irritate the monster more. It's roar shook the whole place, bringing down chunks of the ceiling. One piece knocked Ash off their staff, but Willow caught them with a blooming flower though as the whole group retaliated, fighting back. Ash helped out where they could, but their Bard and Beast Keeping magic weren't very helpful here. When they saw the monster about to attack Luz and Amity, Luz being distracted with checking on a hurt Amity, Ash called out," Watch out!" 

   They teleported in between the monster and the pair of girls, something Ash wasn't even aware they could do, but didn't have the time to process, as they drew a spell circle with their staff and were about to cast the spell when the monster's arm swung and it's clawed hand caught their face, slashing a diagonal line (or three) across their face, covering almost the entirety of the top half of their face. The spell circle was broken and they collapsed to the floor, Amiri changing back to his parrot form and tweeting and chirping at the witch worriedly. Ash couldn't understand what the palisman was saying though; their head was swimming and their ears were ringing.