𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕴𝖑𝖑𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

Start from the beginning

The 'adults' took my advice and continued to walk toward Principal Weems's office.

"My guess is Rowan ran away," Larissa stated, sitting down behind her desk on her comfortable-looking chair. "State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either." She continued.

"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls," Wednesday stated coldly.

"What were you doing out in the woods with him, Ms. Addams?" The Sheriff questioned, looking at Wednesday with suspicious eyes, taking a seat on one of the many chairs in the room.

"I heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate. That's when I stumbled upon the attack." Wednesday retold her 'story.'

"Then what happened?" he asked.

"Then I found my sister shaking in fear, trying to help Rowan. He was far too gone when I arrived. Bianca Barclay was near, and I asked her to get help," I interrupted, ignoring my twin's icy look.

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?" Sheriff asked, raising an eyebrow.

Wednesday scoffed and told him, "We've hibernated with grizzles. We know the difference. That was no grizzly or wild animal."

Larissa clearly was over the interrogation like we all were and stood up from her desk and said, "Thank you, Sheriff. I think Wednesday and Solomon are done now."

"Actually, I would like to speak with Sheriff Galpin. Alone." Wednesday told us, giving me a side-eye. I rolled my eyes, walking out the front door. I had someone to see.

I stood behind the door and spotted a familiar gangly face being escorted up by some Deputy.

I didn't look away from the boy until he was right in front of me. He should be dead.

"Hey, Solomon," Rowan said; the person we saw dead just a few hours ago was alive.

The deputy opened Larissa's office door, showing Sheriff Galpin and Wednesday that Rowan was alive and well. Wednesday and I shared identical shocked and confused looks.

_________

After Wednesday's therapy session and my skipping mine, we wandered around Nevermore grounds, looking for a particular hyperactive blond. We needed to know more about Rowan.

We finally found Enid, ordering around students who were painting a canoe for some reason, "If Bianca Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out!" she yelled.

I grinned at her words and said, "I would pay good money to see that"

Enid turned around and saw us and lit up. "Howdy, roomies! I'm so glad you decided to stay".

"I thought you wanted your single room back." Wednesday question, Enid shrugs and says, "Full disclosure, I don't like living solo, and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It's a win-win. So why the change of heart."

Wednesday crossed her arms over her chest, annoyance rolling through our bond, and said, "I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone's else corrupt game."

"You mean Rowan?" Enid questioned, confused.

I rolled my eyes and told her, equally annoyed, "Yes, Rowan, who the fuck else would she be talking about?"

Enid sighed and told us, "It's just that we all saw him this morning. Very much, like, not dead."

"I know, making me believe I'm losing my mind. I don't like it," Wednesday said, and I grinned. "Mental torture is simply the best, fucks you up so much more than physical torture."