Chapter 2

I awoke the next morning to my room being dim, the sun almost up. 6:00 am sharp, as usual. I slowly rose from my comfortable mattress and put on my slippers and white cardigan, covering my upper body. Looking out my window, I saw that outside was still somewhat dark, signaling that the sun would be up any minute. I quickly stepped out onto the balcony and found a way up onto the roof. Since the morning dew was still present, sitting down wasn't an option. That was perfectly fine, however. I never sat down when watching the sunrise. Thank goodness I got slippers with a grip on the bottom. I thought. The roof was a little slick but my slippers kept me from falling off and hurting myself.

The sunrise was beautiful. The oranges, yellows, and pinks in the sky above the dark green trees were beautiful. The sun warmed my chilled, tan legs and face. A small smile crossed my face and I sighed in contentment. I could finally fall back into a routine. Have some normalcy in my life. I stayed there for a few minutes before beginning my descent to the balcony. The sunrises here were just as pretty as the ones in Texas. At home. I dropped down onto my balcony silently, letting all my weight sink with the drop. I had just walked in the door when my nana's voice rang through my room.

"What were you doing on the roof, sweetheart?" She was standing in my doorway. I jumped back.

"Nana, you've gotta stop scaring me." I let out a breathy giggle. "I was just watching the sunrise." I pulled my cardigan tighter around me. "Why are you up this early?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Daisy." Nana raised a brow at me. "It's 6:15 in the morning."

"Oh, I'm usually up 'round this time."  I shrugged it off. "I also wanna get back onto a schedule before I start school next week." I walked over to my bed and checked my phone, seeing that I had 2 unread messages from Georgia's, Austin's, and my group chat.

"Alright. Well, since we're up, how about some breakfast?" Nana asked. She walked down the stairs without waiting for my response. Ok then. Weird... I opened my messages.

Peaches
G'morning y'all! Have a great day! See ya soon, Tin-man! Love you guys!
Jolly Rancher
Mornin' girls! Have a wonderful day! Love you! See ya soon, Georgie!

I smiled at the messages and responded quickly.

Petal
Good morning, you two! Just watched my first sunrise in Washington and it was beautiful, so my day is off to a good start. I hope y'all have a great day too! I love you too!

I set my phone down and made my way down the stairs, the sound of bacon sizzling in the pan directing me to the kitchen. "Nana?"

"What is it, dear?" She turned to me briefly, continuing on cooking breakfast. I stepped up next to her and began on the eggs.

"After breakfast, can you show me around town?" I asked, cracking 4 eggs into a container. "Like, Forks, Port Angeles, and La Push?"

"You're not to go to La Push. Ever." She said instantly. "If I ever find out you went there, especially without me, I will ground you until you're 18." Her sudden change of demeanor startled me. I added a little bit of milk to the eggs.

"Why am I not allowed over there?" I asked innocently, whisking the eggs and milk together. The kitchen was quiet for a moment, the only noise to be heard was the bacon and eggs cooking.

"Bad blood between the natives and our family. Goes back for years. If the Quileute natives found out you're related to me, they could hurt you." She said slowly like she was carefully planning out her sentence. I eyed her before dropping it.

"Ok. Could you still show me around Forks and Port Angeles?" I asked again. She merely smiled and nodded. We continued to cook and eat breakfast with minimal talking. Time flew after that and suddenly we were headed back to our house.

"I want you to meet a few people, Daisy. Are you alright with that?" My nana glanced in my direction before looking back at the road. "Some other family. That's all."

"We have other family here?" I asked, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Yup. You have two cousins. They're kind of like you, in a certain sense. They're a couple of years older than you. And you'll be going to the same high school as them and their foster siblings. And other halves." Nana fixed her grip on the steering wheel. "You up for it today?" I thought for a moment. More family, huh?

"Sure. I'll meet these mysterious family members." I nodded and looked at my phone. It was almost 2:45. "What time does school let out?"

"2:00. They should be home by now if they didn't go out and do something after school." Nana turned down a random road that led into the woods. I was silent until be pulled into a gravel driveway.

"Holy cow," I muttered. The house the driveway led to was almost entirely glass. Windows reaching from the bottom of the house to the top, three stories tall. "That's a big house." I stared at it in awe. "Are you sure my cousins live here?"

"Quite. Their foster dad, Dr. Cullen-" I held my hand up signaling her to stop.

"Never mind. I get it." I took a deep breath. "Ok, let's do this." Nana shut off the car and we stepped out. I looked down at my appearance. My boots, my whitewashed jeans, and a dark flannel over a white cropped tank top. My hair was slightly messy and my boots were a bit dirty. "Are you sure it's ok if we stop by?" Nana stopped at the bottom of the steps.

"Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry about it." She gestured for me to follow her and I reluctantly did. When I got to the door, a short, pale girl with pixie-cut hair and golden eyes like my grandmothers answered the door.

"Oh, hello, Rose! What a wonderful surprise. Are you here to see Jazz?" The girl asked while hugging my grandmother.

"Hello, Alice." Nana hugged the girl back tightly. "I am here for Jasper. I need to introduce someone to him. Daisy, don't be shy. Get up here and meet new people." I stepped from behind my nana and waved at the short girl.

"Hi. I'm Daisy-May Beauregard." I stuck my hand out to her for her to shake and she evaded it, giving me a tight hug instead. "Oh, my goodness. Okay, we're huggin' now." I chuckled nervously. I hugged her back loosely, awkwardly patting her back. I heard her laugh as she pulled away.

"Sorry. I'm quite the hugger. I'm Alice, Jasper's girlfriend, and future wife." She held my hands in her own. They were cold and she felt as hard as a rock. I smiled.

"You that committed?" I asked teasingly. She smiled back.

"You have no idea." She let go of me and stepped back. "Come on in you guys. We're setting up a birthday party for Bella." I tilted my head in confusion.

"Who's Bella?" I asked, stepping inside the pristine white house. I quickly took my boots off and set them beside the door.

"That's Edward's girlfriend. Edward is our foster brother." Alice shut the door behind my nana. "I'll let everyone know that you guys are here. Come up whenever you're ready." The short girl patted my and Nana's shoulders and walked upstairs, leaving us to ourselves.