Chapter 11: The sea holds a piece of your home

Start from the beginning

Liläk sighed and thought about what her father told her. Maybe he was right, maybe this just wasn't her thing.

-Your mom is struggling too.-He told her as she grabbed her hand.

-She is?-she couldn't imagine her mother struggling with anything.

-Yeah...the only one beside you who has flown her ikran is her...-He waited to see what her reaction was. She didn't say anything, she just thought, meditating on the words.-you could talk to her, it might surprise you to learn how much you two can understand each other.

Liläk looked at the ground. She didn't talk to her mom about how she felt, she talked to her dad. That's who she told about her nightmares for the first time, who she told about how she could feel Neteyam sometimes, who she talked about anything really...But her mom...her mom couldn't possibly get her, could she?

Jake started to get the Liläk's stuff off the ground. She helped him quietly.

-What's that?-Her father suddenly asked. Looking at a little thing that was further away. Liläk's stomach dropped...the video log. He picked it up, it was a chip, it had a mark. Jake's eyes widened as he saw what it was...it was almost as if that part of his life was a dream, nonexistent. He gasped quietly.

"Sully. J. Avatar program. Log Entry 12" Said the label.

Where did you get this?-He asked softly.

-Max.-Liläk said, now standing up and loosening up as she saw that her father wasn't angry.

-Have you been watching them?-He asked her timidly.

-Yes...but I only have four.-he nodded, still looking at the chip, as if he was immersed in the memories.

-Can I ask why?-There wasn't a hint of harshness in his voice, just curiosity.

-They make me feel...-But it was hard pinpointing the feeling. It was liberating to see him so...honest. A part of her felt better because it made her realize that no matter how great of a warrior he was, no matter that he was olo'eyktan and toruk makto he still failed and it took him time to learn. He wasn't perfect. Also, the video logs were funny and she enjoyed seeing his origins, because whatever had happened and wether she liked it or not, he was a human and part of her was too.-better...-she completed, but the answer seemed too simple.-I don't know.-she finished.

-You don't think I'm a skxwang?-Liläk laughed.

-I wouldn't say that, no....-she paused as she looked at him, remembering what he said in the video he was holding.-mom would though...and Norm.

He chuckled and hugged her. He never thought any of his children would ever see them, but he was glad that whoever it was they took it that way. He had made many mistakes in his past, his kind had...but there wasn't judgement in Liläk's face, not a hint of it.

After that, Jake left and told Liläk that she could stay around but that the only way to learn was failing over and over...though he understood if she didn't want to keep trying today. She was about to go and fly Pìwopx again, but what she saw as she left she couldn't have expected.

Tsireya was in front of their home smiling slightly.

-Hi!

Liläk held back a look...nervous about being with her without any of her siblings around.

-Hi...-she said, confused by the olo'eyktan's daughter standing in front of her.

-You've been struggling the most out of your siblings and you didn't come around today...so I thought I'll help you personally.