II.

𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌.

𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀'𝐒 passing, the Dixon family has been divided; with Maloure's imprisonment being the cherry on top

𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀'𝐒 passing, the Dixon family has been divided; with Maloure's imprisonment being the cherry on top. The four kids were then placed in foster care since no one could care for them going forward. Maloure's parents were both murdered, his dad passed away before he was born and his mother passed away a few years ago. Yanna's mother died of health issues and her father was never in her life. Because of their families feud, their parent's sibling's wanted nothing to do with the kids.

However, after 2 years, Mier was finally allowed to leave the adoption center since he finally turned 18 and refused to be adopted separately from his siblings. He planned to immediately adopt his siblings soon as he got out, but was turned down when CPS didn't see him fit to take care of them—he didn't possess any money, a stable home, or anything.

So another year passed and he was finally able to adopt them at the age of 19, but come to find out, his two younger siblings Keion and Tahmaja were adopted a couple months ago. So all he could do was adopt Ze; the system was so corrupt that not even the employers could help him in locating the people who had adopted them.

And through all the restless nights and months of searching for them, it was no luck, making it seem like they were never signed up there in the first place.

He wasn't even certain if they were still alive or not.

Anyways, although Ze had reached the age of 21 and had a steady source of income, she had no desire to leave Mier's house. Witnessing her mother get shot and being all by herself after her siblings had left, made her attain PTSD, so she hated being alone. She was also bullied in the adoption center due to her hearing condition, which caused her to slowly but surely acquire the mania disorder, and low self esteem.

"Mookie." Mier entered her dreary room confused after hearing no answer to his knocks. Soon as his gaze landed on her he became enraged—she was high and drunk once again. He was obviously upset that she was back to her old self, but even more angrier that she made no effort to overcome her addiction or get help when she needed it.

He hated the way she just kept everything bottled up inside and only let it all out when she had an episode.

Before their mother's death, he could recall the close, loving bond the two once had ever since she was born. There were even times when she would unintentionally call him dad or treat him more like one than their actual one. Or when she would go into his room late at night and rant about how she was feeling or what was going on in her young life.

Some claimed the drugs or their mother's death affected her, while others said they just grew up and apart. To this day, he still has no idea what it was. He yearned for the sweet, caring girl he once knew. This perpetually high and drunk girl was not the same person he knew a few years ago.