Prologue

Before Steven was born:

In the temple...

"Greg!Darling!" exclaims Rose Quartz desperately looking for Greg, the soon to be parent's

"Rose?! Rose hey I'm over here whats wrong?"

"No nothing is wrong, everything is going perfectly! Look!" she says still slightly yelling with excitement, Rose pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to Greg, "Honey we're having twins!"

Greg stands stiff with his jaw on the floor, and tears rolling down his cheek, "I can finally have my own band! we can name it the Universes" says greg slightly jumping into the arms of Rose

"I cant wait to tell the crystal gems..."

-

-

-

-

Later in the Temple

"Rose you can't do this, you're giving up your life for a human, an organic being!" yells Pearl.

"Pearl! Please understand, I am willing to give up on this life for the life of my future children... " Rose leans in closer to Pearl and whispers... "this is what we fought for when we gave up our life on homeworld my pearl...'

"We are happy for you Rose, regardless of Pearl's tantrum, we will be here for you and you're children no matter what, we will love them as much we love you," says Garnet calmly, giving Rose a hug and retreating into her room in the temple.

"You'll be missed Rose, we will always love you dude," says Ameythst giving Rose a fist bump and a hug and leaves to go to the beach.

Rose turns her attention back to Pearl, "Pearl please, I can't do this unless I have your support"

"Rose I love you, but I know you're still going to do this even if I'm not on board, just like you did when you met Greg, I never approved of him and here he is... you have my support Rose, these will be your children and they will have a piece of you, so yes I support you...but I'm not happy about it"

"Oh thank you, Pearl!" Rose says wrapping her arms around pearl

-

-

-

-

-

On August 15, Rose had her beautiful children, one who looked so much like her beloved human Greg, he had brown hair, and those gorgeous eyes she loved so much, and the other much like herself, with Pink curly hair along with her dark beautiful eyes.

They had chosen names already, one if it was a boy, and another if it was a girl, She named their son, Steven Quartz Universe, and Greg named their daughter, Star Rose Universe.

It was evident that the two children were different, not only in their appearance but in their powers, by age 4 Star already had the ability to summon her weapon, bubble herself, and at one point she learned to use the Warp Pads.

One summer evening Star crawled out of her bed and onto the warp pad while the crystal gems were out on a mission and Greg was feeding Steven.

Then in an instant, Star disappeared along with the light from the warp pad.

Every day that passed, the crystal gems spent their time searching high and low for Star, completing their missions, and helping corrupted gems.

Until one day, everything changes...