Amy's going to leave?

Start from the beginning

"Here we are. Follow us ma'am. I hope you can handle a submarine..." The man in front said parking the car and brought out his keys.
Finally we entered the HQ things seemed to have been backed up and agents were running and scurrying around. Topaz greeted me with a hug.
"Amy! I'm so glad your okay!" She hugged me.
"Thanks." I smiled with out a free hand to hug her back.
"Let me set you up in your room real quick." She grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me along.
"I see you brought some things to make you feel at home. Good thinking. It's always good for a girl to 'materialize' especially in a place like this."
"Yeah..." I answered quietly.
"Here you are; make yourself at home." She opened a door with a key. The room was blank with a bed against the wall and a wooden night stand with a blocky square clock.
She left me to get situated how ever that might be possible. There was a small closet at the far side of the room I could hang my clothing I packed there. I set the picture frame by the clock and set my suitcase on the bed.
There was a soft knock at the door just as I was about to unpack.
"Come in." I answered looking back at the door.
It opened and Shadow stepped in and walked over to my side.
I smiled filled with joy and ran into his arms.
"Amy I'm so sorry." He said hugging me tighter. "I didn't want to leave you back at the restaurant, and I'm sorry for bring you out of the house with no warning at all."
"Oh Shadow" I snuggled in closer shutting my eyes tightly so the tears won't get out, "It's okay. I understand. I just love you, so very much!" I squeezed him being so over thrown by my emotions that I began to cry again.
"I think you need to see Silver." Shadow said after pulling away, "Mephiles just released the flames and Blaze is-"
"I heard. My poor baby, where is he?" I stepped out from the room. Shadow led me to an upper level of the building meeting Silver in a room. He didn't look quite himself, in fact it seemed like something in his mind seemed to have snapped.

"Silver." I took a step closer. He looked up to me his eyes red from crying and he ran into my arms.
"I wasn't fast enough! I couldn't save her!" He began to cry again.
"For the last time Silver, stop blaming yourself. It won't make anything better-" Shadow began putting his hand on his shoulder.
"IT IS MY FAULT YOU WASN'T THERE YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!" Silver screamed pushing him back.
"Boys please!" I stood between them, "Lets just take a minute here and breath." The room was full of tension my quills were beginning to spike. Just as I thought we wouldn't be a broken family, now my husband an son is fighting with each other.

"I don't have time. Mephiles is out there with his next move, I need to stop this before it gets any worse." Shadow turned away.
"You never have time... Everything is just a time waster to you. You're never here..." Silver muttered walking back to the corner of the room and sunk to the floor.
Though he said it quietly Shadow didn't fail to pick it up. He whipped back around pushing past me and grabbed Silver back up gripping his fur in his hands and slammed him against the wall.
"Shadow!!" I cried tugging at his arm, "let go of him! Don't you dare hurt your son I swear I'll hammer you into the ground like a nail!!!"
"Back off Amy!" He hissed at me. "We work for the same cooperation, you Silver out of all people should know I'm not away from the family galavanting about because I want nothing to do with you. I understand you lost someone very close to you and I am very and truly sorry for that." He let him go keeping his tone firm, "But blaming yourself and pointing fingers at others isn't going to make things right again. Mephiles is a emotion manipulator, and right now he's got you wrapped around his pinky. You want to make things right again; then I suggest you suck it up and don't let the bastard get away with it." With that Shadow turned on his heals and left slamming the door behind him.
I looked back at Silver shaking in frustration most likely. I drew in a deep breath and let it out nice and slow trying to get my emotions to settle. After almost leaving Shadow and then seeing the two boys of my life just fight my depression only intensified, but this was no time to let it show, Silver needed a hardy support beam to lean on, after seeing his girlfriend die right in front of his eyes and then being roughed up and yelled at by his father... I'm all he has left, and I'm going to be here for him. However I wasn't exactly sure how much help I can be in such a devastating emotional state.
"Silver honey." I came closer, "I know things are getting hard and right now you don't know what to do, and that's ok." He stayed against the wall silent with his head down.
It wasn't exactly helping me to know what else to say... Was I helping at all or was I just adding to his distress?
"You know I'm always here for you." I said leaning against the wall next to him.
"I know." He said followed by a sniffle.
"Are you hurt?" I asked lightly touching his chest area where Shadow had grabbed him.
"No..." He shook his head and grabbed me in a hug. We stood there just holding each other tightly in silence. So grateful to have a son with such a dangerous job and every chance he got he would let me know he was okay and still alive.
"Dad is right..." He said finally, "Mephiles won't get away with this. I won't let him." He pulled away straightening himself up and walked for the door. "Thanks mom, I love you." He looked back and smiled brightly before walking out.
My stomach churned, a bad omen telling me, this could be the last smile I saw from him.

Mephiles pov-
The flames took no hesitation to devour the land in this time zone. I directed it to the portal where it was to cause the real problem. And we will travel from time zone to time zone until nothing remains!

Back in Möbius Prime I had other matters to attend to, I had to find perfect Chaos reborn. Maybe this time it wouldn't fail to send that stupid blue hedgehog to a watery grave. My search led me to a floating island where the prized Master Emerald was guarded by the last Echidna guardian.

It would be a shame if the last of their species went extinct. Hehehe.