DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES

Start from the beginning

Hearing that, the leader stood up and turned to the back. "So we have a beastman here, too. What a surprise."

"Tarhan. The 301st Chief of the forest tribe." The man introduced himself. "Our family has been protected by this forest for hundreds of years, from outsiders like you. According to our family rules, whoever breaks into this forest shall die as the consequence of disturbing the peace of this forest."

The second prince gave this stranger an impatient yet vigilant look. "I thought you people cannot speak our language," Leona questioned.

"It's only passed down along the chief family. Some kinda cultural preservation I guess." Tarhan explained while toying with the spear in his hand.

Leona sighed. "Look, we came here accidentally, and we have no plan to gain any benefits or whatever sick evil plans you can think of. Tell us the way out of the forest, and that's all we ask for." Surrender was one of the things that he hated the most, but considering the inferior situation you two were in, this was the best decision he could make, especially when there was another person's, yours, life depending on him.

What followed was a burst of laughter from Tarhan. Hearing their leader's laughter, the tribe immediately followed and laughed. "Leave? I think you might have misunderstood something, Lil lion." Tarhan provoked while bending forward to meet the eye level of Leona, who was being held on the ground, silently teasing his prey.

"Haven't you heard of what I said? Whoever breaks in, they're already dead."

Being insulted, Leona let out a sneer. He stared straight into Tarhan's wine-red eyes, "Call me by that name again, I dare you."

Although he tried to hide it, Tarhan was actually intimidated by the murderous look of this beastman in front of him. "If looks could kill." He mocked. He then turned to one of his subordinates who was holding a spear near Leona's neck and gave him an order in their language which you didn't understand. After nodding, the man suddenly hit Leona's back with the shaft of the spear.

You could tell it was hurt even from far away. Leona didn't let the groan escape from his mouth, but he couldn't help but bent forward while coughing painfully.

"Leona!" You instinctively struggled from the strong grip of the guard behind you to reach Leona, but you just couldn't. "LET ME GO!!" You lost control of your anxiety and anger.

Hearing that, Tarhan walked towards you. He crouched down and suddenly reached out a hand to tuck a wisp of your hair that was covering your eye behind your ear. You were startled by the sudden action of this stranger, but you tried to keep your cool and turned your face away from him.

Tarhan's hand stopped in midair after you moved away. His lips curved into a smirk. "Interesting," he mumbled.

He grabbed your cheek with two fingers and forced you to look at him. You tried to get rid of him but he was too strong. You looked at his wine-red eyes. You could feel all the goosebumps from your arms to your neck, but still, you refuse to show any fear. "Take. Your. Fingers. Off. Me." you uttered emotionlessly.

"Bold of you, woman," Tarhan laughed, "but I like it."

"Kind-hearted as I am, how would I shoot an arrow and ruin such a pretty face?" Tarhan raised his voice with a mischievous smile. "As a generous man, I offer you another choice apart from death."

"Be mine and follow us back to our territory, and I will consider spearing that beastman's life and let him go. I can't promise he won't be eaten by those creatures in the forest though."

You were shocked by this man's madness. There's no way you would join their tribe, let alone give yourself to him. Here came another person who's trying to manipulate your marriage, just like your father, and you hate it. "What the hell are you-"