Then I frown as I realise. "No..." I say loudly, reluctantly walking closer. "It's my fault." I repeat my earlier words, though this time Belle could hear.

"No it's not, Rumple!" Belle speaks loudly, tilting her head to the side a little to indicate her words were meant for me.

"She's right, it's not your fault." Another voice appears, causing Belle, Henry and I all to look at the tall figure. "It's Regina's fault." He adds.

"Bae..." I say, wanting to cry, knowing he's come to help. Holding back the tears and shaking my head out of its sorrowed state, I ask "what do you know? How do you know it's Regina's fault?"

"All I know is that it was skar who ran out in front of you and it was Regina who sent him. I don't know why, but..." He trails off, staring at the blond who lay quietly in the forever surrounded hospital bed.

"But what?" Belle asks, sweetly.

"She wants Emma dead." He swallows hard, as his eyes glaze over. Why is he so bothered about this? 

The room stays silent for a while as I think. She wants Emma dead? Why would that be of any use to her, if anything, that would only make Henry hate her?

My eye's widen as the sudden truth dawns over me.

"Magic."

Everyone faces me and stares in confusion. 

"What?" Belle asks, as though I'm crazy.

"Emma... she's the source of magic and if she dies... well.." I speak speedily, wanting to leave right away.

Belle pulls Henry from her chest and stands up straight. She makes her way to me, confusion painted all over her face. "Well.. what? What does that mean?"

I choose to ignore Belle and run past her, though as I do, I hear her calling after me.

"Rumple! Rumple! What does it mean? Are we in danger?" The words shouted after that were a blur as I pushed through the doors of the hospital, running outside to find a damp, yet light street.

There's not a lot of time. Knowing this much, I click my fingers and watch the purple smoke rise, spinning around me, soon fading to reveal a large white house. I open the door and storm inside.

"Regina! Get here now!" I scream, listening as my echo bounces from wall to wall. A dark green - almost black - smoke appears in front of my eyes and she walks out from it, a great big smirk spread out across her face.

"Not this again." She laughs, creating a flame from her hand and allowing it to just float over her palm. "What do you want?" 

"You want her dead, don't you?" I squint my eyes at her, awaiting my answer.

She walks closer, blowing out the flame. Snickering as she takes a step. "I've always wanted Snow dead." She raises an eye brow and puts her face close to mine. "We used to know each other so well, Rumple." The smirk not once dropping.

Pushing  her away, I spit. "Don't play dumb, dearie." I raise my arm and create a greeny-black acid like substance and throw it in Regina's direction - yet she avoids it, quickly disappearing through a cloud of dark smoke.

A hand on my shoulder indicates that she's behind me and so I fling my arm back, elbowing her in the stomach and as I turn, she attacks. Fire hits me in the chest and shoots me to the marble ground. The pain is almost agonising, but I get up and throw another spell at her, yet again she avoids and attacks.

"You've grown stronger." I say, pulling myself up from the last attack.

"Yes, Rumple. A wise woman once told me 'Love is weakness.' Clearly she was right. You, you have your son and your dear Belle and look at you.. you get exhausted after a couple of spells. Where as I, well I have no one. That would have once bothered me, 'till I realised it gained me power. Now, Rumplestiltskin, I can finally be the most powerful and you will be nothing more than a sad, old, cowardly man." She cackles, again getting a closer view of my green, scaly skin. "Now, I have something to do." She announces, before puffing away in black smoke.

The hospital...

I start to walk to the door, but find it hard to balance. Keeping up right is going to be difficult, but I need to protect them. I need to protect my family. Family. That word, just that word, it enlightens me. Then the determination kicks in, nothing can stop me now.

I open the door with magic, the little remaining, then run outside. The streets seem longer when you're exhausted. 

I allow my legs to take course, they fling out, one after another, pulling me closer to the hospital. Images race through my head. Belle and Bae.. they could be hurt.. they could be dead, being killed. Regina could be ripping Emma's heart out right now.

I turn the corner, seeing the hospital in eye view. Running nearer, I can feel my legs getting weaker and my body lacking oxygen, but I don't give up as I know I'm more-or-less there.

Reaching the door, I notice no change in the waiting area. Quickly, I make my way to Emma's room, where Bae, Belle and Henry still sit.

Where the hell's Regina? 

"Where the hell did you go? Why did you ignore me?" Belle expresses her anger, pointing her finger in my face. Feeling a little faint, I tip backwards a little bit, but then stand up straight, regaining my balance. "You used magic... you didn't did you? You didn't attack her?" She then asks, lowering her hand and sounding a little more concerned.

"She's going to kill Emma. I can't stop her. She's too strong." I reply, spluttering coughs, trying to keep myself stable.

"Get the hell out! Don't you touch her!" Bae shouts from behind Belle. We turn around, finding Regina walking away from a faded puff of smoke. Her dress drags across the floor and her heels clop against the hard floor. She then stands next to Emma, stroking the golden locks of hair.

"Don't hurt her!" Henry begs, sobbing with all the liquid his eyes could produce. "Get away from my mum!"

"Make me." Regina laughs, pushing her arm out to do a 180 degree angle, throwing Belle, Bae and Henry to the wall, knocking them all barely conscious.

Such a delecate noise is made as she pulls the large shiny sword that Prince Charming once used.

"Thank you, Miss Swan." She whispers. "Thank you for making me realise what I really need, thank you for taking what I thought I wanted... Oh! And thank you for the magic." She giggles evilly, pulling the sword up above her head.

"No!" Henry screams through the floods of tears that soak his small baby-like face.

Regina pushed the sword down through Emma's heart with such honour and glory. Her face lightening as Emma's eyes open wide. The body which was so lifeless suddenly awakens, taking a deep breath, then falling back into her death position, her head tilted towards Henry as her lips move slightly, before she slips away slowly, blood pouring from the corner of her mouth. Dark red liquid dripping slowly down onto the white sheets.

Regina pulls the sword back out and drops it to floor.

A large, bright white light flashes for some time, no one could see, no one could hear, no one could think. 

Yet I knew what it was.

Magic.