Chapter 1: Seeking Trouble

A/N: You've been asking, and I'm here to deliver! Here's Book 2 of A Hero's Spirit!! The first chapter is just some light setup, but we'll see the LU Boys show up next chapter. (I promise, there's not another book between this and that this time!)

I wanted to thank all of you for your patience and support! I hope you'll enjoy Book 2—Echoes in Time—just as much as I'm enjoying writing it! Please look forward to future updates!

Merry Christmas! This is your gift!

Also, I have some AMAZING cover art drawn by Kastaborous~! Thanks, Kast!

The sun's first rays shone brightly down upon the world. Birds flitted to and fro, disturbed only by a passing Rito Page on their way to deliver the morning mail. On the ground below, the roads were already alive with merchants and travelers from across the continent making their way from the capital to the smaller towns that dotted the vast untamed land of Hyrule.

And soaring above it all, upon his trusty paraglider with a massive grin, was the man that ruled this land. The Champion.

"Link!" The irritated call came from a young man with a long ponytail of white hair trailing behind him as he angled his paraglider to chase after the Champion. His usual official knight's garb had been swapped for a more comfortable and travel-friendly dark blue outfit with accents of blue so light that one could mistake it for white, and a few splashes of aged gold—the colors of the kingdom.

"Come on, Yatir! You call that a roll?! I taught you better than that!" Link laughed.

"Give the guy some credit," Revali remarked calmly as he lazily glided beside Link, "he's improved drastically since he started."

"That's fair." Link conceded. "But I should hope he's gotten better over the last two years." He effortlessly folded his paraglider and landed with as much grace as the Rito that gave him his feather. Behind him, Yatir landed without a sound or a stumble. "Your landings have improved at least." He mused.

"Yeah, thanks to Revali's Boot Camp." Yatir rubbed his head, glaring in the general direction of the Rito ghost. "He threw durians at me! Mid-flight!"

"Yeah, he does that." Link nodded sagely. "Should've seen him when I was first figuring out my ghost abilities. I swear I was more banged up after that training than when we fought the lynel."

"To be fair, neither of you really expected to fight the lynel." Mipha added as she appeared in a flash of green fire.

"Not that they should've been fighting in the first place." Zelda shot them both a look.

"One time!" Revali held up his wings in surrender.

"One too many, in my opinion." The princess huffed. "That aside, Link. You're going to be late."

The Champion sighed and rubbed his head. "Yeah, yeah. I know."

"If that was Zelda reminding you to get moving, then she's right." Yatir gave him a flat look. "Even if Hyrule doesn't run on formalities like other kingdoms, you should at least make an effort to be on time for meetings. How does it look to all the foreigners if our Champion runs late to everything?"

Link groaned but nodded, conceding to his knight's point. "Well, since we're running a bit behind, what do you say to a lift?" He grinned, raising his fingers to his lips. It was the only warning Yatir and the others got before a shrill whistle escaped from the hylian ghost. A moment later, a midnight black steed galloped towards him, easing to a stop just moments before collision. "Hey Echo," he greeted gently, "ready for a run?"