Chapter 1

"hey! what the heck" ice cream splurted out of Minji's tube of ice cream.

"Hey! I'm trying to drive here!" Heesoo complained, all the noise was distracting her.

"Are you even legal?" Danielle asked, Heesoo shrugged, it's true, she shouldn't be driving her friends around but it was fine. Her 6-month mark was right around the corner anyway.

They drove contently through the dense woods, even without the trees, the sun was going down and it was hard to see. Heesoo turned on her lights.

Driving her friends, during the night. If she got caught she would definitely be paying big time.

"Hey, if we get pulled over, you guys are pitching in on the ticket" Heesoo yelled over the noise.

They mumbled in agreement, laughing on about something dumb Hanni did the other day. Heesoo smiled, her bestfriends. They were all so comfortable around each other, their companionship was really all Heesoo needed.

She smiled as they drove through the greenery, suddenly something very cold was on her hand. She jumped in surprise. Danielle wined "why my ice cream, you clumsy girl!"

She shook most of it off, then licked the rest. "Can you guys calm down a little bit?" She giggled when they all stared at her with apologies in their eyes.

She sighed "how much are you all gonna pay for the damages to my car when I crash because of you guys?"

Hanni raised her hand, "100,000 won!" the girls all ahhh ed in appreciation.

She scoffed, "and where will you get the money?"

"part-time, of course" she smiled then dodged Heesoo's punch to her arm.

It all happened very fast, Heesoo was seldom glancing at the road and all of a sudden a deer was right in front of the car. Heesoo gasped and swerved out of the way, the car flew off the road, down a hill and eventually slid to a stop, the top of the car grinding with the dirt.

They were all unconscious for a very long time. A lady passing by screamed and called the ambulance.

They pulled out the driver first, Heesoo, who opened her eyes slowly. She squinted at the flashlight they pointed in her eyes. She glanced at the upside-down car and almost threw up at the sight.

There was blood everywhere.

The only body she could see was Haerin, her neck at an odd angle and a branch poking all the way through her arm.

Then she blacked out.