Ever After

-DECEMBER 23RD 2023- 

Y/N's POV

A few months after the break up with Hailee I wrote a song for the next guy that is lucky enough to have her but I don't plan on releasing it. I called it 'If You Love Her'. I also left my job at Prophecy and I own a company called Pride Pyramid. My company is an advocacy service that promotes transgender equality and inclusivity worldwide. I also opened a small bookstore for authors of fanfictions called 'Imagine Nation'. 

I'm currently on a plan to LA as I was invited to give a talk at a library. The email that I got about it just had the plane tickets, the library and signed Mr. C. 

The plane finally lands in LA, it's weird being back here considering the last time I was here me and Hailee broke up. I collect my bags from baggage claim before getting my uber and heading to the hotel I'm staying in. Once I've settled in I decide to get a shower. 

-CHISTMAS EVE-

I'm currently in the local library setting up with the help of some workers. The people start to file in and take seats. The owner of the library gives the go-ahead. 

"Hi everyone, I'm Y/N Pender the owner of Pride Pyramid" People clap and I smile looking around at the crowd.

"I'm here to talk about transgender equality and-" As I look at the crowd my eyes meet a familiar pair of brown ones. 

"Sorry um" I look back to where I thought I saw Hailee but she isn't there. I shake my head before continuing my speech.

-CHRISTMAS EVE- 

Hailee's POV 

Ella is forcing me to go to this talk in the local library. I haven't been doing much except working since the breakup. I am getting better and I hope Y/N is too. I miss him we never talk now and he isn't active on any social media. We find our seats before the speaker comes on stage and I feel my heart ache. Y/N stood on stage, he still looked the same except a new haircut. 

"Hi everyone, I'm Y/N Pender the owner of Pride Pyramid" I've heard of the organisation but I had no idea he was the owner.

As he tells the crowd why he is here our eyes meet and time stops. Yet for some reason I couldn't stay here and look at the man I can't have. As he looks away to get back on track I walk out leaning against a wall and taking a deep breath. 

-LATER THAT DAY-

After what happened at the library Ella took me home and we decided to have a girls night with Anna and Florence. We're watching movies, painting each other nails and doing each other's makeup. Just as Florence is about to start my make up there is a knock at the door. 

"Did you invite anyone else?" I ask Ella since this is her idea.

"No. Were you expecting someone?" 

"No" We all look at each other and I slowly get up. I cautiously approach the door looking through the peephole to see who is there. It's dark but there is a masculine figure on my doorstep with his back turned to the door. I open the door.

"Hi, can I help you?" I ask confused to who this man is.

"Hey Hailee" That voice. My heart stops as he turns around.

"Y/N" I whisper and he nods. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Um I don't know. I thought I had seen you at this talk I was doing but just as quick as I had seen who I thought was you, you disappeared. So I went back to my hotel room but I couldn't get you out of my head and my legs just started walking on their own and now I'm here" He runs his hands through his hair.