chapter 18

I groaned. Slapped my face. Splashed it with water. Repeated that process, over and over again.
Minutes had passed if not hours but my head was still thinking about that moment and every time it did my face grew hot.

,, I'm sorry for all of this"

,, You smell really good"

I yelled into my pillow. If any other person would have said those things I'd just brush it off. My head would say

,,okay''. It wouldn't scream

,, THAT WAS SO DAMN HOT''
Why, out of all people, do I fold when Miles' mouth spills them?

My fingers gradually went under the sheets where the curly head had left my magazine. I hoped it would take my mind off of things.
Wait. You thought I was gonna mastur-

,, Holy shit, that's a nice ass" I might as well.

Before I could turn my words into action, the door slowly clicked and opened, making me jump. ,, Mom?" I whispered, fear striking my voice. ,, Why are you still awake honey?" her soft one replied.

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth after my mother had turned on the light. Her bouncy locs along with the makeup on her face entered my view. Gosh, she looked beautiful. Her hair was entering the stage of turning grey but that didn't harm her looks one bit.

,, Can't sleep. I'm really tired, but... I don't know"
The space next to me sunk and warm arms wrapped around my torso. ,, You need to get more sleep (y/n), I mean look at the time" she scolded almost.

I breathed in her scent, it reminded me of how we would always cuddle up like this, especially in winter. That sweet, motherly scent. ,, I know mama. I'll try"

,, Tell me when something is wrong, okay?"
I nodded and watched her smile at me lovingly. Is this the part where I tell her my phone is broken?...

Slowly my eyes felt heavy in her comforting embrace. The last thing I saw was her smile before I drifted to a place far from Earth.
,, Good night"
I mumbled a response.

,,(Y/n)?" (m/n) questioned. ,, Are you asleep?" She pocked my cheek, but I turned away. She sighed and left the room. The woman checked her pockets for her phone, dialing someone's number. ,, Hey, yeah you can come back now she's asleep" she chuckled. ,, Told you so"

{the next day}

At school, I felt like dead meat walking around. After checking my locker, my feet dragged me to the restroom. There, I splashed my face with cold water and looked into my reflection. I had heavy bags under my eyes and my (h/c) hair was a jumbled-up mess. ,, Though day?" someone from the stalls asked.

I quirked a brow and gazed behind me. No one was there. Am I imagining things? But that voice, seemed familiar.
I ignored it and hurriedly dried my hands. As soon as my fingers grabbed the doorknob, I felt a pull on my sleeve.
I turned around swiftly, yet, I saw nothing but the smeared bathroom walls. In disbelief, I cover my mouth and rush out.

{2nd person}

Is this what being sleep-deprived does to you? Living in the hallucinations of your tired mind was interesting.
The rest of the morning you thought your brain had led you to imagine the moment. Heck, you even doubted if Miles had ever been at your place. Even if it had felt so real at the time, maybe it was just your tired self having delusions.

But then why... just why would you think about it the whole morning, why would your emotions be as blurry as they were? You sigh before entering the classroom, and taking a seat at the table next to the window. The class was pretty empty, unsurprising since you were there early. Maybe I should get coffee, you thought before heading out.