¹³, BETRAYAL

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆.
thirteen; Betrayal
"Nate's been fucking Cass this whole time!"

Lou had decided not to join her family in the car ride to the hospital for Rue

Lou had decided not to join her family in the car ride to the hospital for Rue. She had already taken too much time talking with Elliot prior, and after the large explosion of everything, including her biggest secret, she wanted to stay home. And so she did, making the best of it by watching Twilight: New Moon on MTV while pigging out on leftover Chinese food.

"I can't even think about someone hurting you." Bella said from the t.v. as the scene played near the start of the movie.

"Bella, the only thing that can hurt me
is you." Edward replied, "And I don't have anything else to be afraid of."

"That's not true."

"Victoria? She'll come for me one day. Alice will see when she decides, and we'll be ready."

"Sure, Edward." Lou scoffed, taking a bite of orange chicken. "Eclipse, anyone?"

As the part continued to be playing, she felt her phone ringing from her back pocket. Quickly taking it out, she noticed that it was her sister, Gia.

"Hey, wha-" Lou began, but was cut off by worried screaming.

"Rue just left the car and ran!" Gia cried, "She just ran! We don't know where she's going... we are trying to drive after her but she's going-"

The phone call abruptly ended, and Lou checked to see that her phone had died. "Fuck! Great."

*   *   *

The last thing she wanted to do was search for the very girl that had betrayed her, blood or not. But that was also hence why she felt the need to. Rue was her sister. So after a long bit of contemplating, her phone re-charging, and the end of the second movie of the Twilight franchise, she decided to begin a hunt of her own.

Starting with heading to Cassie's house after a text from Maddy had led her to believe that Rue would be there for a while. Her mom had tried to call her about the same thing, but Lou did not feel comfortable to conversate with her just yet.

It took a while for her to arrive at the house, due to the fact that she was only using her bike as a source of transportation. So Lou wasn't too surprised to see that her mother's car was not there anymore. But what did cause her to become curious, was the loud yelling that she could hear when she wasn't even in the house yet.

Parking her bike in the front, she braced herself for the scene ahead as she reached for the door knob. But someone had already beaten her to it, as it swung open, revealing Maddy and Kat.

The two stopped in front of her. Lou used this time to notice the tears running down Maddy's face and the distorted look on Kat's.

"Lou?" Kat questioned, surprised. "If you're looking for your sister, she left and your mom followed..."

"Forget that shit," She said, "What the fuck happened?"

"Nate's been fucking Cass this whole time!" Maddy sobbed, walking to her car and entering the passenger's side of her own car. Knowing that she could not be physically driving during that time.

Lou stood, unable to form any words. So Kat filled the silence for her, looking over at her friend's bike then back. "Wanna come with us?"

*   *   *

After finding out the entire story through the two of them, Lou was only more dumbfounded. Out of the lot of the high schoolers she knew, Cassie and Maddy seemed to be the only duo she thought would never cross each other. She was wrong.

Despite the fact, the twin was quite earnestly, the most empathetic person of whom would be able to relate with Maddy's then current situation. She too had delt with betreyal from someone closest to her that same very day, and therefore gave her the most sympathetic comfort and superlative advice.

Trusting her mom to continue the search for Rue on her own, she decided to stay with her friends. Maddy was lachrymose and hysterical, needing someone like her. They all decided to stay the night at Kat's house.

"He gave me hell when we were dating," Maddy said, curled up into a ball on the bed. "now he's with my best friend. How fucking dare he? How dare she?"

"She knew he was abusive," Lou scoffed, holding onto her as she slightly spooned her. "The fact that she would even think about doing it before she really did. It disgusts me."

Although she hadn't hung out with that group much since Rue's accident, she would still keep in contact with them often. And when she learned of what Nate had done to her at the carnival a while back, she had vowed to make him pay for it one day, if not kill him. And now that this had happened as well, she was going to double it.

"She's sick." Kat agreed, laying at the foot of the bed. "It's awful."

"My best friend." Maddy whispered once more, before finding herself slowly fall asleep out of exhaustion.

Moments later, Lou felt her phone vibrate. She checked it to see that it was Elliot. She made a jeering noise, not bothering to read it before she threw her phone down. Kat took an interest, reaching for it as she turned it on again.

"Elliot?" She hummed, looking over the text. "Come over tomorrow, I wanna talk to you. Oh?"

"Leave it, Kat. This isn't the time nor place."

"It seems like your boyfriend has something important to tell you."

"Not my boyfriend." The girl sighed, feeling her eyes close as well.

"Okay, Louie. Not like we haven't noticed you two." Kat smiled, knowing that she had not heard the last part. For if she did, she would have came up with a strong retort.