⁰⁵, A LATE NIGHT VISIT

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆.
five; A Late Night Visit
"Do you have any idea how amazing you are?"

five; A Late Night Visit"Do you have any idea how amazing you are?"

She didn't know who she should've been more angry towards. Rue, for going behind her back and doing drugs with her newfound friend who didn't have a clue about her addiction, or Elliot who refrained from questioning her about her history with drugs beforehand.

She understood it wasn't his problem, but Lou was pissed. And inevitably, it was Elliot who was going to face her wrath. Once everyone went to bed, she snuck out, using the bike she hadn't rode in years to his house. He opened the door for her, but she pushed past him as she started towards his room.

"Hi?" He said, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Fuck off." She whispered, being sure not to wake his cousin of whom she had the curtesy of meeting just days ago.

*   *   *

"I can't believe you!" She yelled as soon as his bedroom door was shut.

"Look, Lou, I swear to god I didn't know until today." He told her, pleading for the girl to calm down.

"Okay, what if she had a heart condition, huh?" Lou said, "Or- or some type of respiratory disease where just a little too much of something can cause her to die?"

He ran his fingers through his hair, visibly upset over her own state. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking about that, okay?"

"Of course you weren't." She chuckled dryly. sitting at the edge of his bed.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means that people like you, people like Rue, refuse to acknowledge shit like that."

"People like us?" Elliot questioned.

"Even though you don't do too many hard drugs around me, I know an addict when I see one." Lou explained. He frowned, sitting next to her.

"You don't know anything." He whispered.

"No, I'm pretty sure I do." She said, "You might not be as bad as Rue, but I can tell."

There was a brief moment of silence in which she was contemplating on letting him in on her life before she opened her mouth again.

"Look, there's something I haven't told you. But I'm scared to say it."

"You shouldn't be scared of telling me anything, we're supposed to be friends." He sighed, inching closer towards her. "And I'm sorry, I'm really fucking sorry about what happened with Rue. I promise I won't do anything too hard with her ever again. I really hope this doesn't ruin anything between us."

It was then in which she felt guilty blaming him for her sister's actions.

"Elliot, it's not you fault. You didn't know." Lou replied, before internally preparing herself to tell him. "It's-. I'm an addict too."

"What?"

"Yeah, um. It was a little after Rue started using that I realized I had a problem too. Nobody but her knows that I'm an alcoholic. So I kinda had to deal with it by myself. I think my other sister was starting to catch on, but I stopped before she realized. It was hard, but I did it."

"Wow, oh my god. You're so fucking strong." Elliot said, resting a hand on her thigh. "I wouldn't even be able to stop like that on my own. Do you have any idea how amazing you are?"

"I'm not." She blushed.

"Stop." He said, unimpressed with her inconfidence.

"Hmm?"

"Stop doubting yourself." Elliot repeated.

Lou tried her best to look away from Elliot, finding herself become weak against his stare. But she couldn't resist, looking back into those chocolate-brown eyes of his. They found each other just sitting there for what felt like ages, observing each other's features and how they'd never been that close before. It was only when Lou checked her phone that they tore themselves from the magnetic force of their irises.

"It's getting late. I should go home."

"Or, you can stay." Elliot offered, standing up. "I'll like, sleep on the floor or whatever. It's dangerous, you took a bike here."

"Are you sure?" She asked him.

"Yeah." He smiled.