Chapter 4: dancin around it (plot, fluff)

Start from the beginning

"You gonna punish me? Call me a bitch again?" I say, coy as he continues to glare.

We keep staring, until Clay makes the first move, crawling on top of me. I yelp, pushing at him with my hands, split into an excited grin. With my guard down, he finally snatches my phone, and chucks it across the room. It slides to a stop near his door. He stays on top of me, keeping me pinned, our bodies flush.

"I wouldn't call you a bitch. Gamers respect women." He says.

"You just did—" I start.

He interrupts, lips twitching to smile. "No. You're wrong. I didn't." He pauses, then murmurs under his breath, "Bitch."

I yelp, slapping at him before I find my voice. "I—" I speak again, squinting at him. "I don't love you anymore." I say, then turn my head away.

Clay starts to laugh, rumbling where our bodies are connected. His head dips to my neck, pressing a feather light kiss.

"Yes you do." He says, and I can feel him smile where his lips are against my skin.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." This time, Clay nips at the skin of my neck like a punishment.

I squirm, trying to get away from him, but he keeps me pinned.

"I'm not moving until you tell me you love me." He says.

I huff, smacking the back of his head for it. He doesn't budge. I huff again.

"Fine. Fuck you. I love you." I grumble out, then Clay pulls out of my neck, split into a smile. He uses the new angle to lean in and meet my lips, soft and careful, then finally flops off of me and to my side.

Free, I roll out of his bed and stretch, thighs feeling wobbly from our physical activity. I pad over to his closet, swipe a random t-shirt, slip it on, grab my phone, then turn to leave. I get one single foot out the door before Clay's up, plastered to my back, a single arm looped around my waist.

"Where we going?" He asks, voice warm.

"I was going to go brush my teeth." I say.

Clay makes a noise. "We can go do that."

"Stage five clinger." I huff, pretending to be annoyed, but only make a few moments before I'm laughing again, guiding him toward the bathroom.

I smile when I see my own toothbrush, and get to work. I barely get the brush in my mouth before his pants drop to the ground. My brows lift, and I make eye-contact with Clay in the mirror. He approaches, now nude, from behind me and drops his chin to my shoulder.

"I gotta shower." He says.

"Mhm." I mumble around my toothbrush.

He purses his lips, looking sheepish. "You wanna join me?" He asks.

Ah.

"Mm—mm." I say, a no.

Clay makes a noise of protest. "Why not?" He asks.

I roll my eyes, then bend over to rinse my mouth as his hands land on my hips and hold firm. Once I'm back to standing, I turn to face him.

"I showered twice today already." I say.

He fully pouts. "So? Shower thrice."

I pat his shoulder, shaking my head. "It's a no, big man." I say, then move to leave.

Clay grumbles but lets me go, heading in to shower alone. I exit the room completely, heading downstairs. I find Patches on the couch and sit there, scooping her into my lap. I pull my phone to occupy myself, and see Sap has been texting in the meantime.