Chapter 18

3 MONTHS LATER....

I hadn't told anyone except Mr. Nam and Sijin that I was coming back today. Chayoung had returned before me a week ago and she had brought all my stuff.

I was driving to Babel Group now to surprise Hanseo. True to his word, Hanseo had completely reformed Babel Group. As I quickly waited for the elevator to reach his office level, I anxiously fidgeted with my hands. Just then, the elevator stopped and the doors slid open.

I quickly walked to Hanseo's office door and threw it open. I said excitedly, "Hanseo-ah, your Jiyu noona is back! Surprise!". Hanseo let out an excited and shocked cry as he immediately ran to engulf me in a hug. 

He spun me around and said, "Noona, Jiyu noona, you're back! I've missed you so much!". I said, patting his head, "I missed you too, Hanseo. It feels great to be back!". We talked for a bit before Hanseo told me that Vincenzo was at the Babel Pharmaceuticals demolition site.

As I drove there, my head was filled with anxious thoughts. When I arrived, I found Vincenzo standing on the roof of a building which overlooked the demolition site. He was looking at the evening sky as I stealthily walked up to him.

I said, "Buono sera, Signore.(Good evening, Sir.)". Vincenzo whirled around, shocked. He immediately crushed me in a hug and said, "You're back. Why didn't you tell me?". I laughed and said, "Anche tu mi sei mancato.(I missed you too)." 

Vincenzo said, dazed, "Does anyone else know?". I grinned and said, "Only Sijin and Mr. Nam. Now come on, I want some fried chicken." Vincenzo laughed and said, "Fried chicken? Yah, how can you think of chicken at a time like this? Still so childish....". I said, "Lets's go, Vin!". I walked off, Vincenzo following me happily.

And then, he stopped. I turned around to face him, confused. He said, looking down, "No.... no I can't.... If I leave things like this.... No....". He took a step closer as I said, "Yah, are you okay? What's with the mumbling?". 

Vincenzo made eye contact and said, determined, "Lee Jiyoung, I need to tell you something. And I can't leave things like this because you'll go to Yoo Sijin instead. I should've been better to you. I've fought this battle, because you wished it. Because what is important to you is important to me. What makes you happy makes me want to keep you so. What scares you, I want to tear apart. Your secrets are my secrets and your demons my demons. You will never have to fight them alone. I promise you that." 

And as I felt my heart swell with love, Vincenzo closed the distance between us and pressed his soft lips to mine. I closed my eyes. After a few moments, he pulled away. 

Vincenzo said, panic in his eyes, "I-I'm sorry! I should've asked before-". I cut him off with a quick peck as he grinned immediately. Just then, Hanseo arrived. As his eyes widened seeing us, I hastily moved away from Vincenzo.

Hanseo said, shocked, "OMO! Did you two just- OMO! Does this mean- Well, I never expected this!". Vincenzo said, trying to hide his embarrassment, "Yah, Jang Hanseo! Do you have no manners?!". I said, blushing, "Uh, um, let's just go get some food."

As we left, I felt like things were finally taking a turn for the better.

The End

_________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I personally really enjoyed writing this story. And I hope you enjoyed reading it as well. 

So, it turns out that Vincenzo and Jiyoung get their well-deserved happy ending. Tbh, I wasn't planning on a happy ending (considering how the Kdrama ended). 

Thank you for the constant love and support!

Author-nim out! ;)

UPDATE: Thank you all so much for 10.5k reads! I'll work harder in the future and give you all more wonderful stories! <3