Chapter 13

Vincenzo lay on the couch in his apartment, Mr. Tak treating his wounds while Hanseo and I looked on worriedly. Mr. Tak said, "He's fine. He'll wake up in an hour or so. He's very cold right now, so try to keep him warm. We'll see you tomorrow." With that, he and Hanseo left.

I went over and kneeled next to Vincenzo. Hesitatingly, I patted his head softly as I gazed at his peaceful sleeping face. He did feel awfully cold so I thought out what to do for a minute before I climbed on the couch next to him and lay down, snuggling softly so that he would stay warm. As I drifted to sleep, I realized that even if we were safe now, we weren't out of the storm yet.

2 hours later, I stirred awake to meet Vincenzo's piercing gaze. I startled and nearly fell off the couch but luckily, Vincenzo's steel-like grip trapped me in place. I stuttered, avoiding his eyes, "When did you wake? You should've woken me." Vincenzo said, "I woke up 10 minutes ago. I was wondering why you were next to me."

I said, "Ah, the tenants treated you and they said that you were freezing so I had to keep you warm." Vincenzo said, closing his eyes again, "It's fine. It's not morning yet so go back to sleep." Before I could protest, he was asleep again. So, I also fell asleep. 

The next morning, I woke up before Vincenzo and silently creeped out of his apartment to mine. I got ready for the day and as I came out to the living room, I saw Vincenzo sitting on my couch. He was also ready for the day. 

I said, surprised, "How'd you get in?". Vincenzo said, "That doesn't matter. Why'd you leave without waking me?". I admitted, "I was embarrassed, obviously. Who wouldn't be?". He nodded thoughtfully and said, "Either way, we woke up late. We're late by over an hour." As I gave a cry of alarm and left the apartment to get to the office, Vincenzo followed me, chuckling.

When we got to the office, Mr. Nam and Hanseo were waiting. Hanseo said, "Jiyu noona, why are you late? And Vin hyung, how are you? I was really worried." Vincenzo said, sitting down, "I feel much better now, Hanseo." Hanseo asked, "Mr. Tak said that you were freezing last night. Did you sleep warmly?". Vincenzo said, looking at me mischievously, "Yeah, it was perfectly warm. I quite liked it." I sat down, trying to hide my slightly pink face. 

Mr. Nam said, "So, I have bad news. Jang Hanseok found the Guillotine File's location. Which means we have to work fast." Vincenzo nodded and said, "Yes, it seems so. However, Jiyoung and I have not had breakfast yet, so all important matters will have to wait." Mr. Nam nodded and left to get breakfast.

Hanseo said, "Jiyu noona, I was with Mr. Jang and Paolo yesterday. And they're planning something big. They're going to hold a masquerade ball to celebrate the launch of Babel Bio. And Mr. Jang plans to invite you. Also, Vin hyung told me that you're also a mafia. So cool!". I said, smiling, "Thanks, Hanseo. If we're going to a ball, we'll need proper outfits. This should be fun!". 

Hanseo asked, "Also noona, aren't you worried?". I said, "I would be. But then again, the Italian Mafia were always known for having an ulterior motive at lavish parties. And I just so happen to be one." Just then, Mr. Nam came back with food and an envelope. He said, "Looks like you two are going to a ball! It's tomorrow."