September 21st 1986

Start from the beginning

5:29 PM

Once we arrived back at Crovan's gate, everyone just stayed silent and sat down. It's a lot to process. 1st of all, Thomas sacrificed his own life to let us keep going. 2nd, our journey is over now. Our goal was achieved, we got rid of Percy. I can't believe I'm saying this but, I had some sort of small sick enjoyment going through all of this. I don't know the point of this journal is anymore. As we were silently thinking about everything, we overheard two voices over in a shed. They sounded feminine but... there weren't any more female engines on the island (besides Rosie), all of them were dead or mutated. We looked in the shed to see Annie and Clarabel. We were all dumbfounded to see them. We immediately got our weapons out, incase there was some ambush coming. The two started panicking, so we lowered our weapons and started questioning them. From what I got, they were in their sheds ever since this began, they were left there until Thomas found them yesterday. Thomas cried at the sight of them, and kept on apologizing for not looking for them sooner. After that, he took them down the line until they reached cronk, by the time we were asleep. 1st thing in the morning, he took them all the way to Crovan's gate. They arrived a few minutes after we left. Thomas put them in the shed and bid them farewell. They don't know what happened next, all they heard was him chuffing away. We all looked at each other, before breaking the sad news to them. The two stared in horror while listening. None of them wanted to believe it, but they knew deep down we were right. We were planning on just staying here until officials come, when the two told us that they overheard rumours of government boats coming to find survivors at knapford harbour. Even though they said these were rumours, we had to believe them. We're currently at cronk gathering as much coal and water as we can. We have 7 bags of coal and 50 bottles of (chemical-free) water. We don't wan't to make any stops, so we'll arrive quickly. We're taking workmen and my family in Annie and Clarabel if this is a trap, or if we get ambushed. Hopefully we'll get there soon.

7:50 PM - one final runaway

This is the most terrified I've ever been in my entire life, it's near impossible for me to calm down. As we were smoothly going down the line, the radio suddenly turned on. It was the government, for once we have contact with the government. At least, that's what I thought. It was a message, the radio was all statically so we didn't understand it all, but what we could make out was horrifying. "In exactly 2 hours, we shall be dropping a nuke onto Sodor. If there are any survivors still out there, make your way to knapford harbour IMMEDIATELY." Everyone gasped in horror once we heard it. We didn't need instructions on what to do, we went full speed barreling down the line. This was like fleeing the cloud, but worse. In the cloud, we would at least live and maybe even adapt to mutations. But when it comes to a nuke, you're better off killing yourself before the nuke even hits the ground. We didn't even think about stopping, that would be suicide. As we were rocketing down the line, we saw that the line to brendam was blocked off by cargo, fire, and a finally derailed Edward. After all this time, he's finally been stopped. Hearing his screams was the worst part of finding him. But we had no time for pity, we had to keep going. We were burning coal and water quickly, so it was vital we applied water and coal at the right time. I couldn't help feel like we were going slightly faster than we usually go at full speed. I looked at Duck's face, and he looked absolutely traumatized. All the engines did. It's probably because the crews might have a slight chance on surviving, being covered by the cab. But the engines were all out in the open, sitting ducks (no pun intended). They must've felt the need to go quick. At last, we rocketed through Henry's tunnel. We were on the last sack of coal, and only had 4 water bottles left. As we entered tidmouth, we saw the tunnel to duck's branch line blocked off by rubble. And underneath the rubble was Harold the helicopter. His wings were torn off, and his face looked like it caved in. He must've been killed while we were sleeping by Percy. Finally, we used up all the water bottles and sacks of coal. But we didn't mind that, we were already in knapford. My pen is almost out of ink so I can't go on.

8:30 PM

Before I explain how I got a new pen, let me finish up the runaway. We finally entered knapford harbour, and saw one massive boat. Suddenly, cranes came down and started loading Salty and Rosie onto the ship. These guys were bringing us onto the ship. Donald and Douglas, being the selfless engines they are suggested that they should be loaded on last incase there was no time. So duck and Oliver were loaded on next. For once in a long time, me and Erick hugged. Erick's been with me ever since the beginning of the nightmare, we've seen it all. Once my family were onboard, I gave them all the biggest hug I've ever gave. Finally, Donald and Douglas were loaded onto the ship, and the boat sped away. However, as we were leaving I saw one last engine enter the docks. It was an engine nobody who's survived could forget, Percy. However, this time was different. The huge gaping hole was gone, and his pupils were more visible. This wasn't the Percy that tried to kill us all these days, this was the ACTUAL Percy. I saw him shed a tear before reversing, finally accepting his long overdue fate. Nobody seemed to notice besides me, so I kept to myself about it. Duck was talking endlessly about the sea, as he was finally able to go to new horizons. I asked one of the crew members for a new pen, and they gave me this new one. Kind of fancy, if I may add. Once I looked around the ship, I saw one engine I haven't seen at all. His name was Wilbert, the forest engine. He explained that he just arrived on sodor as the sirens started going off, so took refuge in a nearby shed. They only travelled at night, to not alarm anyone. When suddenly, they got news of a ship coming on September 14th, so went to knapford harbour and got picked up. They said they were waiting for James, but had to leave early when they saw Percy chasing a mutated Edward, barely able to catch up. That explains why we never saw them. As I explored the insides of the boat, I found the one and only Wilbert Awdry, accompanied by his son Christopher. I was in awe to find him, so I took the opportunity to talk to him. He simply explained that things had been rough for them. However, what I found most interesting was what the two were doing during the leak. Apparently, they were out in the open when the cloud passed by. However, they were shockingly immune to the chemicals. They decided to stay in their home for a while, until going with Wilbert's crew to knapford harbour. Before I could ask more questions, Wilbert Awdry asked me what things were like, so I showed him some of the logs. He stayed silent for a while, but then complimented me on my writing. That meant a lot coming from him of all people. Suddenly, Erick told me to come up to the deck, so I scrambled my way up. He pointed out a helicopter in the sky, hovering over sodor. We watched in sadness as the nuke was dropped, right into the centre of what we used to call home. Everyone stayed quiet, until Erick asked the captain of the ship where we were heading. He said that we were heading to London, and told us we could wait in the bedrooms on the 2nd floor. So everyone went and lied down in the bedroom. I'm going to stop writing, I'm too tired to keep going.