Ninety-nine

Depuis le début

"..Sir, I have something to show you. We are currently fixing the issue but we were kind of..beaten to it? "

He was talking nonsense, so I was perplexed as I looked at him. Has my secretary become stupid? 

When I took glanced at the screen, his nonsense made sense. Perfect sense.

A large photo of my face was displayed on this dark web along with a large offer of a billion dollars to whoever could kill me first.

That wasn't all, I swiped on the photos my secretary took as these were just screenshots. That post was soon taken down and a familiar face was now stuck up on there. Heffney Rosenbloom, the hidden twin brother of Harvey Rosenbloom, my shitty uncle who tried to take my company away from me.

" We received intel that it was actually Heffney whom we caught and now is in the cell. Harvey managed to slip through and place an offer to assassinate you. The reason why he is now being offered to be killed off is unknown but whoever put up that offer..was also the person who ordered to put down the post about you. "

"Hold on..wait, so who is this person? The person that asked to remove the post about me?"

"Unknown, there is absolutely no possible way to find who this person is. The team and I tried everything we could. The only trace left was that that person also offered to have Heffney, rather, Harvey assassinated. "

My head was starting to hurt from this. No one would randomly remove someone's post without any goal or reasoning. This process would have caused a lot of money, if not, exceptional hacking skills to achieve.

The only person who I know that could do this is Raven, "Wait, someone offered 1 billion dollars to kill you?! And you didn't bother telling us any sooner???"

But it wasn't him.

I can already list a bunch of reasons why would Harvey want me dead but the only thing on my mind was, who was this person?

I must be asleep right now. I would know since that woman is in front of me again.

I guess I'm in her room? This is the best place I've been in any of the strange places I've been in my various dreams about her given that this was safer and by the looks of it, well-protected. 

I know she's just a woman from this lucid dream but I'd prefer if she was somewhere safe rather in those dangerous escapades or missions she goes to.

The door to her room then opens. It opened sideways after a variety of alarms. I didn't catch what she was viewing on her computer when she shut it off and turned to the man who entered the room.

"Farris." She called out to him.

A worried smile curled on his lips as he approached her.

"*sigh* Even when you are no longer the president of Venus inc., you still manage to find ways to pull all-nighters. No use in pretending that you aren't using your computer now." He then dragged her to her bed.

"Cup it, Charlie." she clicked her tongue at him.

"Hey, you know I don't like that name!" He whined. 

Why does he remind me of Caius?

"Not my fault that that was the name Aunt Cassidy gave you when you were born."

"I didn't like it and she agreed we change it to Farris, you knew that." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Now stop changing the subject! I know what you did. You decided to spend your only day off for the rest of the month to protect one of them again. Who was it this time? Halifax? Stone? or was it Rosenbloom? I could list all eight if them down if you wan-"

W-Wait..aren't those-

"Farris, there's a limit to my patience. You of all people would know that right? I don't meddle with your business whenever you'd stalk Valentina for hours, now bug off from mine. Now go. I'd like to rest now. I still have a conference meeting tomorrow with the union heads.

He reluctantly left as the atmosphere became sour. And as if my dream could read my mind, she proceeded to lay down on her bed.

It was the first time I'd ever seen her face. Though it was dark and I couldn't see her eyes. It was enough to see some of her features. 

Needless to say, she was simply breathtaking. Her lashes were long and curled up, her lips were plump and have a seemingly red hue, her figure was just as amazing as it was from the back view as her clothes hugged her body nicely, and her jet black hair fell elegantly on her face.

Who was this woman? This isn't a coincidence. I refuse to think it was. The names? The exact number? If I were to assume what I thought it was, how could she have known that there were eight of us? 

Protect? 

It's starting to make sense. Whenever we are nearly in any sort of situation where we could have gotten hurt, it would miraculously solve on its own. Everything was too surreal, the fact that my dreams just continue to just be about her right after the incident with Klaus, this can't possibly be just a coincidence.

Today's incident, I'm certain it's her.

 I need more evidence. 

That this isn't just a dream. 

And if I'm wrong, then I need help.

To be Continued . . .