dinner

There they were.

It had been some time since Aurora last visited the manor - but it all looked the same. Still the same old house that she grew up in.

She held on tight to Theo's arm, like he might fly away if she let go. Aurora could feel Theo's tense muscles, and she could see his jaw clenching. He was nervous, she knew that - but at the same time he was also excited. He meant every word he said the other night, that he wanted to be a part of the Potters.

They decided to bring some fruits from the cottage's garden, so Theo was holding the basket in one hand. Aurora saw him practicing smiles and heard him practicing speeches as they approach the grand doors of the Potter Manor.

He then stopped when they nearly reached the door. Theo turned to Aurora and asked, "How do I look?" He wore a white button up shirt with black trousers, his fancy belt that he loved so much, and the right shoes to match them. He wore his shirt the way he always did, not buttoned up all the way, but his collar was neater than it usual.

Aurora looked at him and flashed a quick, innocent smile. "You're fine," she said.

Not satisfied with her answer, Theo raised an eyebrow. "I'm fine?"

She always found it adorable that Theo was like a big baby sometimes.

Aurora sighed as her smile grew wider. She placed her hands on his shoulders, and they slid down to his chest as she looked into his eyes, telling him, "You look wonderfully handsome, Theodore Nott."

Theo smirked. "Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

Aurora rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Now they were continuing their walk, getting closer and closer to the door. She kept thinking of the worst things that could happen - strategizing how she could protect Theo if something went bad.

"If my crazy uncles and dad do as much as touch you, I'll turn them into frogs," she said, eyes still looking forward. The old Rory never spoke about her family like this - but they brought it on themselves. Pointing their wand at a teenager on his graduation day was a pretty shitty move.

"Oh my God, Rory," Theo shook his head - but he almost laughed. "They're not going to kill me."

She shrugged. "They won't get the chance to."

He chuckled. "Why don't you listen to what they have to first?" he crooned, "How does that sound, baby?"

God, she hated whenever he spoke with that voice. The tone that could shut her down completely, make her feel weak in the knees.

She called it the Theodore Nott effect.

When they finally reached the door, Theo gave Aurora one more comforting glance before he knocked. Theo was about to deliver a second knock when the door suddenly swung open, revealing Lily on the other side.

"Theodore, Rory, welcome!"

"Hello, good evening!" he said cheerfully. "Theo is fine, Mrs. Potter."

"Well Theo, you best call me Lily."

Even Aurora was even a bit surprised hearing that.

"Really?"

"Really."

Aurora was glad that at least her mother seemed genuine, the affection she had for Theo was real, she could tell. It was her dad's intentions that she was still questioning.

"Thank you, Lily, and thank you for the invitation. We brought fruits." Theo lifted the fruit baskets, and Lily nodded gratefully.

"How very thoughtful!" she exclaimed. "Come inside, please."