Dewayne drove while I sat as the passenger princess, handling the aux. I almost had that privilege revoked when I played Tyla's Water but Dewayne called down when I put on Gunna's recent album.

When we got to Target, Dewayne grabbed a cart and I headed towards the Starbucks.

"Nic, we just came from the house."

"I promise to get the small size." He just shook his head as he followed me and waited by the tables.

I ordered a grande vanilla bean crème frappe and a grande mocha cookie crumble frappe. After the barista handed them to me, I gave the mocha one to Dewayne.

"Take it. You know you want it."

"Thank you. I already know you're going to f*ck up the bathroom when we get home." I gasped as he walked away.

"Look, they've already put out the Halloween stuff."

"Maybe I should get this." He picked up a black skull shaped mug. His hand slipped a little, almost causing the mug to fall to the ground. I immediately tucked into an aisle. "You gon do me like that?"

"I am not going to be held accountable for a broken mug."

"That's crazy."

"Oh, look at this Barbie costume. If I get this, you can be—."

"I'm not dressing as no Ken."

"Come on. Okay, what about this avocado one. I can be the half with the pit. It's set up so that we can hug, we form a perfect avocado."

"I mean, I can do some black panther sh*t."

"You're not fun." I pouted.

"I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but did you make a list?"

"I did. All I really need are carrots and broth."

"Which are all the way on the opposite side of the store."

"Right. Let's go over there. But can we check out the candles first?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really." I laughed.

After some more walking around and exploring, I grabbed the few ingredients I needed to complete my pot roast. I decided not to put any potatoes since the meat will be paired with mashed potatoes.

"The way I know some of our friends are going to be mad that we didn't tell them about the baby early on."

"Tucson and Tae, for sure."

"I already know they're going to fight about who should be the godfather."

"Who are you picking?"

"You're making me pick?"

"You know them best, so it makes sense."

"Would you think I was crazy if I said I was thinking about choosing Dennis?"

"No. He is a father, so he has the experience."