I huffed and walked over to the undeclared judge, my twin sister, "All right sis, it's your turn. What's our rating?"

Hikari sighed and took a big bite out my dish first. After she swallowed, Hikari closed her eyes and focused as best as she could.

"I give it a seven out of ten, since this is just a friendly battle between family. Good try, Soma." She answered.

Then she tried Dad's dish and concentrated on the food, "Pops gets a 9.5 rating."

"WWHHHAAAATTTTT?!" I screamed, "What'd I do wrong this time?"

Hikari sighed again, "You undercooked the rice by three flips, not to mention you added a bit too much salt to the sauce. You gotta watch out for those things, Soma, or else you'll never beat the old man."

I fell to my knees in defeat, knowing that my sister was right. Everyone trusted her judgment when it came to food, since everything that she made tasted like it came from Heaven itself. That's what got her the nickname The Heaven's Senses. Her heightened senses were nothing to sneeze at, since everything she made was perfection. It was as if you're senses were being rattled to the core, transporting you to a place of unimaginable flavor and delight.

🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

As the night went on, the dinner was quickly filled to the brim once again. I was handling the dining area while his dad and sister were cooking behind the counter.

"One meat and tofu! One daily!" I shouted for the next order.

"You got it!" Dad shouted then turned to Hikari. "Hikari, can you handle the daily? I'll take the meat and tofu."

"No problem." Hikari said with a smile and began making the daily special for the order.

Hours passed and the customers cleared out, happy to be full and satisfied with their meals. The dishes were clean, the dining room was swept and the tables were slowly being cleared and cleaned.

"Soma." Dad said, "When you're done with that, can you put out the charcoal?"

I hardly heard him, mentally going over the downsides and failures in my fried rice from earlier that day. I didn't mind failing, it just made me learn from my mistakes and bettering them as I grew as a chef. Same thing with Hikari, she loved making mistakes because it made us better.

Suddenly, As Hikari was sweeping the front entrance, she heard soft shuffling of feet and a loud car door slamming shut.

"Soma! Pop! We got company." She said just as the door to the diner opened.

"Oh, wel-" I was cut off when a woman and three men in suits waltzed into the diner. This woman was dressed in a short skirt that was somehow professional. Not to mention her unbuttoned shirt that allowed her enormous knockers to be flapping about every time she took a step. The men behind her were dressed in the same style, but not as lewd. The Yukihira family knew exactly who these people were. Land Sharks, led by a woman named Yaeko Minegasaki.

Hikari put up the broom and walked up next to me.

"Should I take them down now, or after we hear them flapping their gums?" She asked me.

"Keep it cool. They want us to lash out badly." I whispered to her and put my hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"Pardon the intrusion." Minegasaki said as she walked further in to the diner, "It appears you are trying to close for the night. I hope you don't mind the late hour, my apologies."

Minegasaki walked right up to us with a small fake smile and her sunglasses hiding her devilish eyes.

"Hello you two, good to see you again. You remember me?" She asked, removing her glasses and bending over, shamelessly showing off her cleavage. We sighed at her antics.