' Chapter 10 '

It has been a few more days...maybe another week, and Monty was still not back from repairs. Vanessa has no updates on him either. The gang is really starting to freak out now. Freddy's been in his room thinking, Roxanne has been pacing and punching walls in worry. Chica, on the other hand, does not know how to feel.

A small part of her thinks what happened that night was some kind of karma. Payback for what they did to Bonnie, but still. Monty never meant any harm. It was not fair for him to be going through this. Despite their different opinions the whole band can agree on one thing: they can't lose another band member. They can't let another one of their friends be decommissioned.

But she felt powerless, what could any of them do? None of them had any real authority. Sure, Freddy was in charge. He could order animatronics around and make decisions for the band, but when it came to the business itself he couldn't do anything. Freddy is very conflicted right now too.

He loves all of his bandmates of course, they're all family. As much as he was praying Montgomery would be fixed, it did anger him they would spend so much time and money to fix the gator and not Bonnie or Foxy.

Bonnie and Foxy shared different bonds with Freddy. Along with Chica, they've grown up together. They have an unbreakable bond. As ridiculous as it sounds, it worried Freddy sometimes that Chica was next. He couldn't live with himself if Chica was decomissioned.

Roxanne is scared. She will never admit it but she's terrified. Monty is her best friend. They're both the newest additions to the group and they tend to stick by each other. As much as he pissed her off a lot, the thought of him never coming back from repairs was killing her. It made her angrier that she could not even see Chica, since security placed even stricter rules on them now to stay in their greenrooms.

Roxanne knows Chica needs her right now. And she needs Chica. She has tried talking to Freddy through the walls but he never speaks back. She wonders if he is ignoring her or he is just thinking. But how will she get to Chica? Roxanne stared at the door, her eyes narrowed. The doors are locked now, so she cannot just leave. But an idea crosses her mind.

She searches around the room for something that could work.  Security is not around Rockstar Row and thankfully Vanessa is not here. None of the other security guards check on the animatronics. She finds her vanity chair and clutches it tight. A part of her is hesitant. She weighs her options as she picks up the chair. She could stay obedient and avoid getting in trouble, or she can check on Chica. She decides on the ladder and proceeds to ram into the door with the chair.

The chair is too weak and no matter how many times she hits it it only dents the door. Finally, the ruckus catches Freddy's attention from his room.

"Roxanne?? What are you doing?!" He calls out. Roxanne dropped the chair in frustration, searching for something harder.

"I'm getting out of here! I'm not a caged animal!" She growled back.

"Roxanne, stop this instant! You are causing unnecessary damage!" He called back. Roxanne chose to ignore him, continuing to look for something harder.

Her eyes landed on her bowling ball. All she had left to remember Bonnie. She really did not want to risk damaging the ball...but it may be the hardest thing in the room. She sighed and picked it up anyway.

"Sorry, Bon." She muttered, bracing herself with the ball. She then sprinted forward and slammed the ball into the door. It caused noticeably more damage. She continued her relentless striking of the door until finally the metal broke from the top right corner. She used her animatronic strength to push the door down completely and slid out.

Her plan worked! She was free!

But now what does she do?

She wants to check on Chica but...she's also worried about Monty. She decides to try and check out Monty first.

She jogged her way around the Pizza Plex and finally made it to parts and service. She slid in and thankfully no humans were in sight. She could make out Monty laying in the protective cylinder. She sprinted ahead to the monitor to speak to him.

"Monty?? It's Roxy, you ok in there?? Are you up?!" She asked.

After a minute she heard a grunt from the other end. "...Roxy...?" The gator asked, unmoving. He was still missing his lower half though he was cleaned and had noticeably less damage.

"Yeah! Yeah it's me! Are you ok??" She fretted. Monty growled.

"I don't...feel too good, no..." He responded quietly. Roxanne laughed humorlessly, trying to keep her voice steady. "Do you know when you'll be done??" She asked. Monty sighed on the other side.

"They don't...know if I'll be back on stage again..." He said solemnly.

He continued. "They might just...downgrade me back to the golf course...or I'll...say hi to Bonnie for y'all..." He chuckled weakly. Roxanne's animatronic heart shattered. Monty loved being in the band...and now he may never get to play again.

Roxanne choked back a sob. "Don't talk like that, Monty...they'll fix you! You just have to wait a little longer, ok??" She tried reassuring. Monty scoffed from the other end.

"Don-don't get all sappy now...it's alright." He brushed off. The poor gator sounded exhausted.

"You should...get goin' before security comes around...don't want ya' gettin' in trouble." He finally said.

"But what about you-?" Roxanne asked.

"I'll be fine...just get goin', I'll be out soon." He said. Roxanne nodded and begrudgingly jogged towards Chica's door. She raced down the hallway and entered without knocking.

Chica was sitting on her sofa, staring at nothing. She was caught completely off guard as Roxanne appeared at the door.

"Roxy?! What are you-" Chica was cut off we Roxanne trapped her in a tight hug, overwhelmed with so many emotions.