The Chattering Lack of Common Sense (this wont go badly)

Laurie, 30, works as an administrative assistant in a small office. She's been with the company for four years and has never had a problem with her bosses or co-workers.

A few weeks ago, Laurie was called into the boss' office. He told her that he needed to let her go because they were going to be consolidating their office and she wouldn't be able to work in the new one. Laurie was completely shocked. She had never received any warning about this and there had been no mention of a reorganization at work.

Laurie asked the boss how long she would have been out of work and he told her that it was indefinite. Laurie couldn't believe it; she felt like she had been blindsided by her boss and was left stranded without a job. She didn't know what to do next, but thankfully, fate intervened when another position opened up in another part of the company shortly after Laurie's meeting with the boss.

Although things worked out in the end for Laurie, she thinks that it could have easily gone differently if she hadn't fallen victim to The Chattering Lack of Common Sense syndrome.

The Chattering Lack of  Common Sense syndrome. why would that ever make sense