The elevator doors open and they both step in. 

“Well, either way, I probably won’t start studying till Wednesday night.” 

“That doesn’t sound like enough studying.” 

Jungkook purses his lips and puffs out some air. 

“I know, it never is.” he mutters, “I can never get myself to study for that class.” 

“It’s not the most entertaining, so I don’t blame you.” 

Jungkook turns his head towards her this time. 

“It’s okay, you’re allowed to shit talk the class. Just ‘cause my dad teaches it doesn't mean I’ll be offended.” he mutters, just as the elevator doors open. They step out and walk towards the doors leading to the underground parking lot. 

“Well, I’m planning on doing some studying tonight, so if you’d like we can study together.” Hyunji responds, glancing up at him just as he takes out the keys in his pocket and unlocks their car. 

“I have soccer practice so I probably won’t be able to, and either way I’d slow you down. I have no idea what’s going on in that class.” Jungkook answers just as they get to their car and place their backpacks in the back seats. 

“I’m sure you wouldn’t slow me down.” Hyunji says as they take their seats. Jungkook starts the engine and sighs. 

“I’m more behind in that class than you’d think I am, Ji.” 

“It can’t be that bad.” 

Jungkook stops for a moment and locks eyes with Hyunji, his face neutral. 

“In your standards, 62 is probably that bad.” he responds, catching her off guard for a moment, but he turns back to the steering wheel and reverses out of their parking spot as she remains stunned. 

“A 62?” she asked in disbelief, although not wanting to hurt his feelings, rather wanting to make sure she heard him right. 

“Yep.” he answers, bringing the car to drive. “Ironic considering my dad’s teaching the course.” 

“Kinda.”

 He was right, that was bad compared to her standards. 

“Are you sure you don’t want to study with me?” 

The car comes to a rolling stop at a stop sign by the parking lot exit before they take a right turn. 

“As much as I’d want to save my grade, I still have soccer practice tonight till seven.” he takes a moment to glance at her, just as Hyunji comes to a realisation  

“Does that mean I have to stay at school till you’re done?” 

“Oh shit,” Jungkook looked her way once more, “I didn’t consider that. Would that be alright with you?” 

"Yeah, I'll just sit in the library and study I guess." 

"I'm sorry. I'd tell you to take the car but you'd have to come pick me up after." Jungkook truly looked apologetic, and Hyunji waved him off. 

"No it's alright. It would probably be less distracting that way anyways." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Do we have another option?" 

Jungkook pursed his lips. 

"I guess we don't." 

Seeing that Jungkook still wasn't letting it go, she attempted to reassure him once more.