JoJo De La Guerra - Dreams

(THIS WAS GONNA BE A SHORT FLUFFY ONESHOT BUT NOW I HAVE TO ADD A SUICIDE TW BECAUSE ANGST)

"Aw look, JoJos gonna cry!" I hear from a nearby empty classroom.

At my best friends name, I immediately turn to enter the room.

"He's such a crybaby!"

"God, I don't know why that girl even bothers to hang out with you, you're such a loser"

I open the door as loudly as I can, causing the two boys who were harassing JoJo to look at me.

It's the Delancy brothers. Surprise surprise.

"Oh look, here she is now!" The taller one says.

"Here to help your little crybaby friend?" The other one says.

"Seriously? What are you? Kindergarteners? Reduced to nothing but silly name calling?" I say, distracting them from the tazer that I'm pulling out of my back pocket.

"What are you gonna do about it girlie?" Oscar asks.

"This" I say, clicking the tazer on.

Their eyes widen, and they quickly back off, running out of the room.

I click off the tazer and walk over to JoJo who has been silent this entire time.

He's crying, and I quickly pull him into a tight hug.

"Hey, hey, baby, are you ok? Did they hurt you?" I ask

"Not physically, no." He says.

"Hey, don't listen to them." I say, placing my hands gently on his cheeks, wiping his stray tears away.

"But they're right...I'm just a crybaby" He says, placing his hand over mine on his cheek.

"No, you're not. You have a sensitive soul. It's good that you're able to express your emotions instead of bottling them up" I tell him.

"Y/n, what did I do to deserve you?" He asks.

"I should be asking you that. You're perfect, funny, sweet, I mean, who wouldn't wanna be your friend?"

"Hey y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I...I love you"

My eyes widen, and I collect my thoughts just enough to say "I love you too"

He smiles down at me, leaning down and kissing me.

I freeze for a second, before wrapping one arm around his neck, the other tangling in his soft brown hair.

As we separate, it occurs to me that we are still in school.

The final bell has already rung, so we decide to go to my house.

I pull him to my room, and we set our bags down before hopping on my queen sized bed.

He lays on his back and I lay right beside him, almost on top of him.

His arm wraps around me, and mine rests on his chest.

Eventually we both doze off, and I'm awoken a few hours later by my mother.

"Y/n? Oh- oops-" She says, noticing that we were both sleeping.

I poke my head up and she says "sorry, I didn't realize you were asleep, or that JoJo was here"

"Sorry, meant to text you but I forgot. He had a bad day so we decided to hang out but we were also extremely tired."

"Ok, that's fine" she says, exiting my room.

I notice that me and JoJo are even more cuddled up than we were when we fell asleep.

Our legs are tangled together, and most of my torso is rested on him. His hand is tangled in my hair.

My mom didn't wake him up, thankfully.

I look at him for a minute, admiring his adorableness.

His eyes are shut (obviously), and his lips are slightly parted. I rest my head back on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

I listen to the steady beating, falling back asleep.

When I wake up, I smile. I love that dream. It's less of a dream, more of a memory.

*happy ending*

I look beside me, seeing the man who was the subject of that very dream sleeping peacefully beside me.

I hold up my left hand in the small sliver of light peeking into our room from the window and stare at the two rings sparkling on my finger.

*sad ending*

And then reality sets in.

The smile leaves my face as I remember that I don't have that anymore.

I don't have him anymore.

I sit up, looking at the two rings on my left hand.

I fiddle with them gently, standing up and exiting my bedroom.

I walk down the hallway til I find the picture I'm looking for.

Our wedding picture. Right after the officiant said "you may kiss the bride"

Little did we know, we'd only have less than three years together.

I feel tears streaming down my face as I remember the night I got the call.

I was standing in the kitchen making dinner. JoJo should have been home twenty minutes prior.

My phone rang.

"Hello?" I said answering the unfamiliar number.

"Hello, is this Mrs. De La Guerra?" The man on the other line asked

"Yes, that's me" I said, my stomach turning. Something is wrong.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your husband has been killed in a car accident with a drunk driver"

I dropped my phone, my hand clamped over my mouth, hot tears streaming down my face.

"Mrs. De La Guerra?"

I picked up my phone.

"Thank you for informing me" and I click the hang up button.

That night I went to Katherines house to stay with her and her wife Sarah.

She comforted me as I sobbed into her shoulder.

The next day, I told the guys.

That made it real.

It's been three years since then. And it never got easier.

It's like he completed me.

And now that he's gone, part of me is too.

I walk into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle.

I move to my medicine cabinet. I grab a bottle of pills. I don't bother to look at the label.

I text Katherine a quick 'im sorry' and I mute my phone, pushing it away from me as I dump half the pills into my mouth, taking a swig of water before downing the other half of the pills.

Less than an hour later, I'm back in my husband's arms.