"I'm having a party this weekend," Mike said during our last class of the day. "Want to come?"

"No thanks," I told him.

"Oh, c'mon. Why not?" he asked.

Before I could answer him, Jessica spoke up.

"Because she's boring. I doubt she goes to parties at all. She's probably still a virgin, too," she sneered, and I rolled my eyes at her little insults.

"I'd rather be boring than be arrested for underage drinking or supplying minors with alcohol," I commented because I was positive that my dad would end up breaking up the party.

"Whatever," Jessica muttered with an eye roll, and I just shook my head. The girl was a delusional idiot, and I was really tired of her crap.

"Your loss," Mike told me, and I shrugged.

I'd been to a few parties back in Jacksonville, but they weren't really my scene. I'd rather hang out at home or with a small group of friends.

"So, no go on Newton's party, huh?" Eric asked me as we walked out to the parking lot with Ben and Angela.

"Not my thing," I explained.

"Ours either," Angela said before asking if we were still on to hang out on Saturday. I told her we were, and she told me she'd pick me up around ten.

As for my Sunday plans, I was spending the day with Edward. Dad was going ice fishing with one of his deputies, so I'd invited Edward over to watch movies and hang out. He'd eagerly agreed, and I was so ready for the weekend.

Saturday morning, Angela picked me up in an ancient stationwagon and showed me around Forks. There wasn't a whole lot to see in January, and it was freaking cold, so we somehow ended up at the local bowling alley. I honestly couldn't remember the last time I'd gone bowling, but she seemed excited for it, so I agreed to do it.

It wasn't long before Ben, Eric, and some girl that Eric was seeing showed up. I was left as the third wheel, so to speak, but I didn't really mind.

Once we had our shoes and had picked out a lane, we went to find bowling balls. I grabbed a pretty blue one and prayed to God my fingers wouldn't get stuck in the little holes. Thankfully, they didn't, so I carried it back to our lane.

We had a blast, bowling throughout the afternoon, and even though I lost, I had a ton of fun. We decided to make it a monthly thing.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" Angela asked as she drove me home after we'd all gone out to eat.

"Edward's coming over. We're just gonna chill and watch movies," I told her.

"Are you going to make a move?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"Maybe you should. I asked Ben out last year. It was nerve wracking but so worth it."

"I don't think I'm that brave," I said. "Besides, as old fashioned as it sounds, I'd prefer that he make the first move. That way, at least I know he's interested."

Sunday morning, I woke up, nervous as could be, and told myself I was being silly. It was just Edward. Although this would be the first time we'd ever hung out alone.

I'd told Dad yesterday evening that Edward was going to come over for the day, and he was fine with it. He just told me to be careful and not to do anything he wouldn't do, and I'd made a face at that. The thought of my dad making out with anyone was a disturbing image, not that I was planning on making out with Edward at the moment.

A quick glance at the clock told me I'd slept way later than I'd planned. Iit was already after ten, and Edward was coming over at eleven. Moving quickly, I took the fastest shower I could, without slipping and killing myself, and then I spent too much time trying to decide what to wear.