Chapter 5

A/N: Thank you all so much for the love you're giving this story. I appreciate it, even though I'm rubbish at responding to reviews. I need to give a huge thanks to my beta, Heather, for her awesome work. On with the story.

........................

The month of October was over before I even knew it, and I found it hard to believe that the holidays were right around the corner. Dad had sold his house in Phoenix and had bought a cute three bedroomed house in Forks that was surrounded by woods. He'd sent me tons of pictures of the area, and it was beautiful. I couldn't wait to go and visit him, but I'd been reluctant to broach the subject of spending Christmas with him to my mom.

"Is everything okay?" she asked me as we sat at the table, eating some strange tacos that she'd created. Mom's cooking was always interesting and sometimes incredibly disgusting. Thankfully, tonight's dinner was fairly decent.

"Actually, there's something I wanted to ask you," I told her and I put down my fork.

"What's that?"

"Um...woulditbeokayifIspentChrismtaswithdad?" I blurted out.

Mom gave me a smirk before asking me to repeat my question. So I did, slower this time so she could actually understand me.

"I know that I usually spend Christmas with you, but I'd really like to go see Dad's new place."

"Uh huh. I'm sure this has nothing to do with wanting to see Edward," she said a smile on her face, and I turned red.

"That would be a perk," I mumbled and then she laughed at me.

"I think that would be fine, but I want you to spend New Year's Eve back here. I was hoping we could hit up Disney World to ring in the New Year."

I eagerly agreed as I stood up from the table and threw my arms around her in a hug. I was so excited, and I could hardly finish my dinner before calling Dad. He was delighted that I was coming to visit. After I was done talking to him, I called Edward.

He didn't answer, so I left a voicemail and hoped he'd call back soon. Our relationship had taken on a flirty tone, and I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, not that I was complaining by any means, and he'd taken to sending me a postcard every week.

I had quite the collection of Washington postcards, and each one of them had a funny quote or a song lyric written on them. I found myself beyond charmed. Mom thought that it was romantic and incredibly sweet as did Alice. I agreed with them both, but it still left me feeling a bit confused.

Walking over to my desk, I picked up the latest postcard from Edward. It was a vintage post card of Port Angeles, and on the back, he'd written Maybe the Internet raised us ... or maybe people are jerks. It was a song quote from Lorde's A World Alone, and he'd sent it to me after I'd had a bad day, dealing with Jacob the Jerk.

Smiling, I went to my closet and pulled out the keepsake box my dad had given me when I was twelve. I kept seashells and pressed leaves in it, and now it housed the postcards Edward had sent me. There were only seven of them at the moment, and I pulled them out to read them all.

Some of them were just silly and had been just what I'd needed.

He'd sent me a postcard that he'd found at a thrift store, and he'd written a few of the words from Macklemore's Thrift Shop on it which made me smile. The next postcard I picked up had a bunch of wildflowers on the front of it, and on the back, he'd written You belong among the wildflowers, a quote by Tom Petty.

The boy was really too sweet I thought as I put away all the postcards and put the box back on the top shelf of my closet.

By the time I'd finished all my homework and was curled up in bed, I still hadn't heard from Edward, but I wasn't too concerned.