Nineteenth Lie

The man snaps a picture and thumbs up. I go to the desk and he gives my my ID and my documents.

"Congratulations." He says as he hands the last of my things.

I go outside and enter the car.

"Yeah!" I say/yell.

Austin kisses me and Alissa drives to the nearest liquor store. (A/N; I've never been to a liquor store,so I'll just write down what I'd think it's like and base it by what I see on tv.)

We enter and the automatic computer says; 'we put the 'be' in beer!' Another voice says; ' go home John, you're drunk! Please drink responsibly.'

I laugh. Austin takes my hand and we go to search for some beer.

"This one doesn't have to much alcohol. Take it." He says.

" Aww, where's the fun in that? I want something strong for my first beer. Something as strong as your muscles." I wink.

He blushes and waves away with his other hand. I lead him to tmsome other ones. "Hey this one as 15% and is grape flavored! Where's Alissa?" As I say that, I hear a thousand things break. We look over to see a tsunami of beer and wine and glass come towards us.

"Run!" Me and Austin run to the exit.

The beverage hit the door as soon as we close it, but it comes out the little opening under the door. We enter the car and wait in silence. When we come out, the entire parking lot is dyed either black, red, or just wet.

We re-enter the store. The chime as been soaked so no more " go home John, you're drunk!', and a very angry store manager stares at us and Alissa.

"Will that be debit or credit?" He asks.

Austin sighs and takes out a card.

I go looking for Alissa. I find her licking beer off the floor.

"Alissa!"

She snaps her head up and moans. "Good beer.."

Is she drunk?

I pick her up and she barfs every where. The stench adds to the spilled wine and soon my stomach releases. Even sooner, we're barfing in sync. Austin comes and sees the mess, and barfs as well. We barf as the manager comes and, you guessed it, barfs.

This lasts about fifteen minutes before we finally release all the food we had ate for the past week.

We are helped out of the store. The employee locks the door behinds us.

Alissa leans on Austin and me. Austin drives home while I comfort Alissa in the back.

We get home and I let Alissa rest on the couch. It's already five past 1, and I was starving.

Austin remained quiet ad he held two sandwiches.

"Thanks." I say as he passed one to me.

We sat on the chairs next to the couch.

"Are you feeling well?"

He looks up. "I just-, never mind."

"What?"

"I just have this feeling that somethings wrong, like someone going to leave again..."

Oh shit. Lady luck had told me that I'd die... can he feel it?

I don't know how to reply.

"Let's go get some candy, there's going to be some people knocking at the door."

We finish our lunch and leave.

We enter a dollar store.

I look at Austin. "Really?"

"What? Most of my money was wasted in Alissa's mess earlier."

I take a few big bags of whatever's left of Halloween candy.

"That's it?"He asks.

"It's Halloween day and that's it."

We go to the cashier. A young girl no older than 16 stares at us while she chews loudly her gum.

She passes one by one the candy by the scanner.

"Like, 9.45." She says.

Austin takes out a ten dollar bill.

I take the bag and he takes the change.

We walk out the door when a burlap sack is wrapped around my head and Austin yells my name. Then all I smell is fire.
****