How'd it go Daddy? | Chapter 7

A/N - Okay so I got super invested into this episode and I wrote wait for it...
over 4000 words. So I decided to cut it up into two parts. The second part has some Barney x Olivia interactions so stay tuned!
But without further ado, enjoy part one. ~

(Based on HIMYM lines and characters from Season 1 Episode 10)

Olivia has been working as a bartender/waitress for a couple weeks now

Olivia has been working as a bartender/waitress for a couple weeks now...excluding the waitress part. She can almost bet money that Carl extended the basic training for her so she could learn how to communicate without collapsing into a heap of awkwardness.

Olivia admires Carl's attempts, but she just has a problem talking to strangers.
It wasn't that Carl never noticed, he realized she had trouble with social interaction the very first day he spoke to her.

He learned she would fidget with her hands, either messing with a bracelet or scribbling something down in her notebook; anything to avoid eye contact with him. He did most of the talking that day, and it took her quite a while to reply with more than one or two-word responses.

Carl has this elder brother-type instinct for the girl, he keeps a watchful eye over her when he can. Although Olivia often mentions to him that he goes just a little overboard sometimes.
She really is thankful for what he does for her, but maybe he can lay off the death glares he gives to the tables she's serving.

That's why, whenever Olivia is feeling especially nervous, Carl lets her job consist of mixing drinks and cleaning tables. So Olivia doesn't have to feel like he is constantly looking out for her all night, and she won't have to worry about socializing.

Today, she is feeling especially fidgety and nervous around strangers, which honestly frustrates her. She just can't understand why her anxiety chooses to skyrocket on certain days.

Although, Carl, as promised, said she didn't have to wait tables today. He actually seemed happy about it. She found out it was because he wanted her to help him with a 'super important task'.

===============

"No. Not again." Olivia scolds, wiping down the bar. She doesn't glance at him, but she can almost picture the pouty look on her friend's face for rejecting his offer.

She hears the sound of glass sliding around on the countertop. "Just oneeee." Carl draws the sentence out, pushing the drink full of red liquid slowly toward Olivia.

"Carl, no," she repeats, grabbing two beers, popping off the lids, and setting them on the bar for people to take.

It was Friday, which means it was a super busy night tonight. Everyone was going out for the weekend, and with one less waitress, they were a tad bit backed up on orders.

Carl was not helping.

Olivia lets out a sigh, resting her hands on the bar while the glass of liquor slides into her peripheral vision. She rolls her eyes, waiting until the glass stops directly in front of her before she begins serving customers again.